Why can no one answer this question...

On the Splendour f the seas.....I am really confused about some rooms...Category F on deck 8... It says large oceanview room. It says 257 sq ftt on the booking page but on the site it says 151 sq feet. Has anyone been in this category on deck8? HELP!!! The rooms aren't handicapp but have some features and are listed as Large oceanview rooms.

Unless they've added those cabins, I don't see any F's on deck 8...and all of my deck plans say 154 sq. ft!

Although the Deck Plans page for deck 8 on Splendour on RCI's site lists Cat F, I don't see any of those cabins on that deck either.

edit...are 8534, 8536, and 8538 Cat F??? They look to be balcony cabins.

Accessible oceanviews are 257 sq feet.

Category "F" is 151 sq feet

Acessible rooms aren't Handicapp rooms, right? It seems like Handicapp are a few rooms down....

I don't really understand the rooms, can someone explain them some more

Acessible rooms aren't Handicapp rooms, right? It seems like Handicapp are a few rooms down....

I have always understood Accessible Rooms to be handicapped room...

Seems to be two different category of rooms..hadicapp and Acessible rooms.... Is there a new category for just older people who need more room? Plus no balcony on the 8 floor...seems interesting

I agree,it appears that the two words are frequently used interchangeably. What else would "accessible" indicate other than handicapped accessible? The colors that they use in their brochure makes it nearly impossible to read, but it appears that the "accessible outside staterooms"are category "AY" and are 262 square feet.:)

Seems to be two different category of rooms..hadicapp and Acessible rooms.... Is there a new category for just older people who need more room? Plus no balcony on the 8 floor...seems interesting

"Accessible" and "handicap" are the same at least on RCI ships....I believe Carnival has "modified" cabins that have some accessible features except for the roll in shower bathrooms and wide entry door ways.

Not only RCI ships though.

Where are you seeing reference to handicapp(sic) rooms on the deck plans? The RCI brochure references only "accessible suites and staterooms" and it is pretty clear what and where they are as well as their size. Accessible means handicapped accessible, nothing more, nothing less.:)

Where are you seeing reference to handicapp(sic) rooms on the deck plans? The RCI brochure references only "accessible suites and staterooms" and it is pretty clear what and where they are as well as their size. Accessible means handicapped accessible, nothing more, nothing less.:)

What are the gold rooms? The come up as 257 sq ft... Seems that the lounge was made into staterooms. Although gold rooms are large window rooms...

What are the gold rooms? The come up as 257 sq ft... Seems that the lounge was made into staterooms. Although gold rooms are large window rooms...

On which deck are you seeing "gold rooms" that are 257 sq. ft? The legend on the Vision class deckplans show that "gold rooms" are Grand Suites which are considerably larger than 257 sq. ft. - more like 355 sq.ft.not including the balcony. The gray colored suites, 8026 and 8056 are accessible suites and are 276 sq. ft. not including the balcony.

On which deck are you seeing "gold rooms" that are 257 sq. ft? The legend on the Vision class deckplans show that "gold rooms" are Grand Suites which are considerably larger than 257 sq. ft. - more like 355 sq.ft.not including the balcony. The gray colored suites, 8026 and 8056 are accessible suites and are 276 sq. ft. not including the balcony.

Look at 8534 8536 and 8538. Search for a random date online and look at the rooms.. It is really interesting

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=BR&shipCode=SP&shipProfile=1443&sailDate=1120616&hasNavigation=false

Accessible Outside Stateroom. There is no handicap symbol on the diagram...

360 TOUR *|* PHOTOS

Accessible outside room

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size) with open bed frames, wider entry door, turning spaces, sitting area with lowered vanity, closet rods, and safe, and a private bathroom with a wider door, roll-in shower, grab bars, fold-down shower bench, hand-held shower head, raised toilet, and a lowered sink. (257 sq. ft.)

OCCUPANCY: Up to 2 Guests

DECKPLAN CODES:F

DECKS:*

Go to link to outside rooms..http://www.royalcaribbean.com/booking/setDepartureInfo/checkAvailability.do?cabinClassType=&packageCode=SP06M023&shipCode=SP&sailDate=1130505&jumpToStateroom=&totalStaterooms=1&adultCount=2&childCount=0&hasAir=N&state=

Accessible room are Handicap Rooms. The terms are interchangeable.

Just so you know effective January 1,2012 the new Federal Laws under the Department of Transportation went into effect. RCCL must not certify that the person requesting the room has a medical or physical disability which requires the features of the Accessible Cabin. In otherwords this law has clamped down on able body people booking an Accessible cabin soley for the extra space.

360 TOUR *|* PHOTOS

Accessible outside room

Two twin beds (can convert into queen-size) with open bed frames, wider entry door, turning spaces, sitting area with lowered vanity, closet rods, and safe, and a private bathroom with a wider door, roll-in shower, grab bars, fold-down shower bench, hand-held shower head, raised toilet, and a lowered sink. (257 sq. ft.)

Go to link to outside rooms..http://www.royalcaribbean.com/booking/setDepartureInfo/checkAvailability.do?cabinClassType=&packageCode=SP06M023&shipCode=SP&sailDate=1130505&jumpToStateroom=&totalStaterooms=1&adultCount=2&childCount=0&hasAir=N&state=

Did you even read the description you copied & posted??? Doesn't get much clearer...it IS A HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE ROOM!!! Why else do you think it would have a roll in shower, wider doors...etc...etc...

But after looking at the Deck Plans you pointed out I would say they have messed up the web site...the cabins on Deck 7&8 Are balcony cabins...NOT Oceanview as the description say's...I would take Negc's advise & find a good TA to help you sort the mess out...but the description IS of a Handicap room plain & simple!

360 TOUR *|* PHOTOS

Accessible outside room

The Handicap symbol appears both on the deck plans and when you click through to the cabin numbers when doing on -line booking. You just haven't gone far enough.

Please do not attempt to book an Accessible Cabin. There are so few HC cabins to begin with in relation to non-accessible handicap cabins. Also under Federal Law you have to certify to RCCL hat you have medical or physical disability that qualifies for you to book an Accessible Cabin.

As of January 1, 2012 a new Federal Law under the Department of Transportation ( commonly referred to as DOT) became effective that requires that all cruise lines have to verify that the person occupying the cabin has a medical or physical need to book the cabin . Though this new regulation came about in 2010/2011, the cruise lines were granted until January 1, 2012 to completely comply with these new regulations. Because of this new law Cruise lines have also had to reclassify its HC cabins. Some of the key points to this new law are:

(g) To prevent fraud in the assignment of accessible cabins (e.g., attempts by individuals who do not have disabilities to reserve accessible cabins because they have greater space, you—

(1) Must inquire of persons seeking to reserve such cabins whether the individual (or an individual for whom the cabin is being reserved) has a mobility disability or a disability that requires the use of the accessible features that are provided in the cabin.

(2) May require a written attestation from the individual that accessible cabin is for a person who has a mobility disability or a disability that requires the use of the accessible features that are provided in the cabin.

Under the new laws the only time it's acceptable for an able body person to book an HC cabin is after the final payment period has past and any unsold HC cabins are than open to the general public for booking. RCCL does make you certify the need for this cabin and know this first hand because I am disabled .

Handicap Cabins and Accessible Cabins are the same. They are not two different categories. Nor has a new catagory been created for older people who need more room as you stated.

there are only a few issues...why would the room 3 doors down show a handicap symbol on it while these room do not....all other rooms have these designations on them all all decks but these rooms do not. Also on the link these rooms come up as large ocean view rooms with no special color showing them as different...These rooms are code F while handicap is AY

So to sum up my question.

Are these rooms handicap or not? No symbol on the rooms, the are color coded for large ocean view room. Other rooms handicap rooms have the symbol, different fare code, and are labeled with a separate color.

Has anyone been in these rooms? 8534, 8536, 8538

Description says one thing while deck plan says something total different.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=BR&shipCode=SP&shipProfile=1443&sailDate=1120616&hasNavigation=false

there are only a few issues...why would the room 3 doors down show a handicap symbol on it while these room do not....all other rooms have these designations on them all all decks but these rooms do not. Also on the link these rooms come up as large ocean view rooms with no special color showing them as different...These rooms are code F while handicap is AY

So to sum up my question.

Are these rooms handicap or not? No symbol on the rooms, the are color coded for large ocean view room. Other rooms handicap rooms have the symbol, different fare code, and are labeled with a separate color.

Has anyone been in these rooms? 8534, 8536, 8538

Description says one thing while deck plan says something total different.

Only you seem to see an issue here. 8026 and 8526 are clearly identified as Accessible cabins. 8534, 8536 and 8538 are clearly Category F staterooms which are not handicapped accessible but are large ocean view rooms with a sofa bed. The descriptions that I am looking at don't contradict the deck plans in any way. The symbol that seems to mystify you is simply the indication that the rooms so designated have a sofa bed in addition to the two twin beds. If you disagree or can't comprehend what everyone is telling you, your best option is to put this question to the folks at Royal Caribbean, since no one here seems to be able to explain things to your satisfaction.

Archived