Received your Onboard Credit as promised from NCL?

dchan865

Hey everyone, quick question here.

My TA told me NCL agreed to give me $200 OBC because they can not credit me the difference(already paid in full and a week to go before cruising) after they dropped the price steeply. I think its nice of them to do this even they aren't obligated to do so.

When I call them later in the day to ask what kind of OBC(refundable or non-refundable), the rep told me that I don't have any OBC on my reservation.

Now I am a bit skeptical. But I'll give NCL a benefit of the doubt that their system isn't updated with the latest info yet.

Anyone in a similar situation that either receive the OBC or did not receive as promised?

I checked my boarding pass and I don't see any OBC mentioned. Unfortunately I don't have anything in writing to proof it but NCL and TA internal customer service system has proof that an OBC was promised.

I have never gone through a third party TA, but have always received promised OBC from NCL. The supervisor who approved the OBC has always emailed me a statement showing the amount and when I wanted to double check separetely (to ensure gifted OBC and NCL OBC was all in place as expect just before sailing), I simply called my PCC for a statement. I took that with me as proof on board, just in case.

I would get something in writing from your TA - NCL likely isn't responsible for ensuring your receipt if you're working through a TA, but I'm absolutely not an expert on this! Good luck!

Definitely request something in writing from your TA. You won't have much to stand on if you don't receive the OBC and there's nothing in writing.

P.S. I have never NOT received OBC that was promised, either from a TA or NCL.

Don't mean to be negative, is this even possible?

I 'll give my TA a call and see. Since my TA is the big box store everyone know, I hope they have the weight to make it happen.

If the TA claims it's not possible to give you a written confirmation, then it's time to get a new TA. I don't care if it's a big box store TA or a local, independent TA.

Don't mean to be negative, is this even possible?

I 'll give my TA a call and see. Since my TA is the big box store everyone know, I hope they have the weight to make it happen.

I am in exact same postion. The Big Box TA said "Trust Me". I am going to trust them and see what happens. If you have booked with who I think you have, just call back and speak with someone else and just have them verify what the reservation says. They are not on commision either and so far I am very pleased.

For my last cruise when the TA told me I'd get an OBC from NCL it was on my reservation on "MY NCL" OBC from TA did not show, OBC from NCL did.

I went to the web with in minutes after the TA told me NCL gave me the OBC, it was there.

Definately get something in writing and bring it aboard with you. Then you can show the email to Customer Service on the ship and they will add the OBC for you. Of course, they won't take your word for it, so you need that written confirmation. Best of Luck......

For my last cruise when the TA told me I'd get an OBC from NCL it was on my reservation on "MY NCL" OBC from TA did not show, OBC from NCL did.

I went to the web with in minutes after the TA told me NCL gave me the OBC, it was there.

Hi,

May I ask where exactly this information is at? I looked all over and the electronic boarding ticket don't see it. Thanks.

My TA always provides me with a copy of the "amentiy conformation" showing all my OBC. NCL even provided me with one when I purchased a spa credit for my TA's 50th birthday cruise. I emailed it to my TA the day before she left just in case she needed proof.

I am in exact same postion. The Big Box TA said "Trust Me". I am going to trust them and see what happens. If you have booked with who I think you have, just call back and speak with someone else and just have them verify what the reservation says. They are not on commision either and so far I am very pleased.

Trust but verify! I always get any promised OBC in writing and have never had anyone refuse to do this. Print it out and take it onboard with you in case there is anything missing from your on board account.

Good Luck!

I know I can count on my fellow cruisers. Thanks for the advice and support everyone!

I called NCL again and an agent told me I have OBC on my reservation(Woohoo finally!) But its $100 short.:( When my TA called them, NCL confirmed that I am suppose to get $200.

It seems to me that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. I wonder if NCL is using so many systems and they are not in sync. Anyway, will call them again and see if they can send me amenity confirmation. I have a feeling I am going to wear out my welcome.

One other thing about an apparent discrepancy that might occur between what you're expecting for OBC and what's indicated in NCL's records. If your TA is paying for some of your OBC, that portion of your OBC might not show up in NCL's records until fairly close to your sailing date because some TA's wait until the last minute (or close) to purchase the OBC. That way, they don't tie up their money any sooner than they have to.

Well, looks like things are in order. The kind rep at NCL emailed me the Amenity Confirmation(also known as Invoice#) and it shows my OBC(On-Board Credit Certificate) from TA and NCL. It doesn't show refundable or non-refundable which doesn't matter to me.

We just now have to find out how to spend it all. :)

Thanks again everyone!

I am surprised they agreed to the credit on a cruise departing in 1 week. Yesterday we saw on the NCL site an offer for a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries & dinner for 2 at the Italian specialty restaurant for balcony cabins booked before the end of June. My husband called up to inquire if we would be eligible to receive that on our sailing at the end of July. We were told no because final payment was made. We would have to cancel - get a penalty - and rebook. Certainly not worth it for $12. strawberries, 2 $10. waived speciaty fees, & a bottle of wine. Nothing near the value of the OPs $200. credit!

Definitely get it in writing. We had $70 OBC from NCL for booking through their promotion, and $305 from out TA. At least that is what my documents from the TA said. When we got onboard, we only had the $305. So, I had to show my receipt docements from the TA (thankfully had them with me for just such an issue) and was promptly credited my NCL OBC within 24 hours.

Not sure I would have had that kind of turn around had I not had those documents with me.

• 3 weeks later...

I did recieve the on board credit just as promised.

Archived