Lounge seating at the terrace pool???

brockmom

We are almost sold on Caribbean Princess...waiting for a good price. In picking my room...I am leaning towards the back half of the ship...for easy access to the terrace pool. We have never sailed Princess before- but our friends highly recommend them. I am sure I will have lots of questions for you all- first one...is there plenty of lounge seating at the terrace pool??/ Thinking of a sea day back there??? thank you brockmom

One additional point: while it is true that lounge chairs are difficult to come by right around the Terrace Pool, especially on sea days, if you are willing to go up to the Sun deck or Sports deck (which are sort of tiered above and around the pool area itself) there is usually plenty of seating, with lovely views off the stern of the ship, and easy access to the Terrace Pool for a dip to cool off.

If you take a look at the deck plans on princess.com you will see what I'm referring to, though, in my experience, there is always MUCH more lounge seating on the Sun and Sports decks than is indicated in the "samples" on the deck plans.

The Terrace pool is also our favorite location, especially on sea days, and this has been an acceptable solution for us over the hears. I hope this helps. Happy cruising. :)

When we plan to spend a day at the Terrace Pool, we're out there at 7am and get our meals from the buffet or Cafe Caribe. It's definitely a PITA. More often, I'll just go out for an hour or so, and put a towel on the bleachers. Except at Christmas and New Years, there was always seating there. On our cruises, one couldn't even find seating on Decks 16 or 17 after 10am or so.

That picture was a misrepresentation of the Terrace Pool since it was taken at night. :rolleyes: On a nice sea day it will be almost impossible to get a chair back there unless you are up at 6am with the other chogs! ;)

Purpose of the picture was to show the quanity of lounges as the question was "were there plenty?"

If any are available when one wants them is another question that was not asked.

Archived