Shuttle service needed fm JFK to Bayonne

Banningal

We are taking RCCL cruise to Bermuda in late Sept and everything is set except getting to/from JFK to/from Bayonne Cruise Port. I have contacted several transportation companies but would like to hear from you as to what company you used and pricing information.

That is a long way apart and The City (Manhatten) is in the middle. You might think of flying into the Newark, NJ, Airport instead of JFK. That would be a LOT closer and a lot easier to get to Bayone!

We are taking RCCL cruise to Bermuda in late Sept and everything is set except getting to/from JFK to/from Bayonne Cruise Port. I have contacted several transportation companies but would like to hear from you as to what company you used and pricing information.

Dial7 and Carmel are two reputable and well known companies. We have a corporate account with Dial7. I find their service recently to be somewhat better than Carmel. Cost will be about $125 with tolls, tax and tip.

DO NO use Super Shuttle in the NYC area. It DOES NOT operate the way Super Shuttle does in California. Nasty, dirty vans, horrible drivers who do exactly as they please and it could take you 3-4 hours to get from JFK to the port. You may also have to change vans in Manhattan.

Taxis DO NOT have to take you to Bayonne. You are crossing state lines and different rules apply in NY and NJ. A taxi can charge just about anything they want to for cross state trips.

You will be far better off with a car service where the price is known in advance

If at all possible, you should fly in to Newark Airport -- even if you had to pay a fee to change an existing reservation, the amount you would save on ground transfers would probably let you break even, if not actually save money. The time and hassle avoided would be significant.

If at all possible, you should fly in to Newark Airport -- even if you had to pay a fee to change an existing reservation, the amount you would save on ground transfers would probably let you break even, if not actually save money. The time and hassle avoided would be significant.

The price of the airfare alone would have to be $100pp cheaper to account for the transfer fee and even adding $15 per hour per person for transfer time (1.5 hours per person). That is not counting the change fee that you are advocating.

There are quite a few nonstops from LAX to JFK that are relatively inexpensive-JetBlue, AA, Delta, United, etc. etc. Not nearly as many into EWR and the price is considerably higher.

I fly into JFK from LAX almost monthly. For the price and amount of nonstop flights into JFK, I wouldn't even look at Newark. Get into a car service and go where I want. I very rarely spend more than I would flying into Newark. AND it is $50-60 from EWR to the port anyhow.

Try the two that greatam recommended. I used one on the NY Visitor website and it was terrible. It cost me $110 from Manhattan to the pier, then at the end of the cruise it was $120 from the pier to JFK.

The driver was over an hour late picking us up in Manhattan, fortunately we had plenty of time before the cruise left.

Then he was late again picking us up from the pier. Said he didn't see us, that he had been driving around and around looking for us.

When I got home and emailed my complaint, they did refund me half of the fare, with a 20% discount on my next trip. I don't travel to NYC that often.

The pricing greatam mentioned is pretty much what it is going to cost.

I had one taxi company want $450 for a short tour of NYC and the transfer from Manhattan to Bayonne.

Have a great trip. Sailing out of Bayonne into the harbor was great, but going under Verazzano Bridge was spectacular! Be sure to be uptop!

The difference in price to fly from LAX to EWR is TWICE what is costs to go to JFK - I am not happy about it but refuse to pay more for the airfare than I did for the cruise. I found Airlink Limo $356.40 RT includes taxes, tips, etc. I have not booked them yet so open to suggestions. Thanks for all your reply's to date.:D

The difference in price to fly from LAX to EWR is TWICE what is costs to go to JFK - I am not happy about it but refuse to pay more for the airfare than I did for the cruise. I found Airlink Limo $356.40 RT includes taxes, tips, etc. I have not booked them yet so open to suggestions. Thanks for all your reply's to date.:D

WHY would you pay $100 MORE for RT??? It will be about $125 inclusive EACH WAY for a town car from one of the car services posted.

Airlink runs shuttles-like SuperShuttle. They truly don't have a much better reputation than SuperShuttle UNLESS you are REALLY getting a limo. But even a limo (which a lot of companies on the East Coast call a Lincoln Town Car which EVERY car service worth its salt out of NYC uses) IMHO is NOT worth $100 MORE unless it is a stretch with booze and all the frills. Then and ONLY THEN, might I pay $100 MORE!!!! I spend a lot of time in NYC for business. And I was born and raised in Los Angeles so know what you are comparing to very well. PLEASE call one of the companies posted. My personal favorite is Dial7.

I use My Limo for all car services. Private sedam service, but a bit high priced then Dial7. From Newark to JFK (or reverse) is about $135...so to Bayonne would probably cost a bit more.

As you posted, MAYBE $150 each way from Bayonne. Why anyone would pay MORE is beyond me unless you are getting a 6 or more passenger stretch??? $356.40 is an OUTRAGEOUS price!!!!

Banning -

Forgive me if any of this is answered above -- I was kind of skimming -- but if you are not in too much of a time crunch and don't mind a bit of hassle:

The Olympic Airporter will take you from JFK to Newark Airport for $30 one way (and I believe they run every 30 or 60 minutes).

http://olympic-limo.com/schedule-airport%20transfer-ewr%20jfk.html

From Newark (EWR) you can go to the taxi stand and they will charge about $40 to $50 to get you to the cruise dock in Bayonne depending on the number of people or bags.

Candidly, though, I prefer not to use the guys at the taxi stand: some of them don't have a clue where they are going if it is not right in NYC, won't use their a/c, their cabs smell like trash cans, etc. I would suggest phoning Bayonne Yellow Cab to pick you up (you need to know which terminal you are at and usually best to tell them a door # too plus have a cell #); they will be coming from Bayonne so it may take 20-30 mins for them to get there -- you could call as you are approaching EWR -- but will cost only about $35-40 (without tip) to get you to the cruise dock and the drivers have all been decent to me. ph 201-339-4700

And, if you like, you can probably ask any of them to stop for five minutes at one of the liquor or grocery stores en route to pick up "supplies" in Bayonne on the way to the ship though it will add some $ to the fee.

Just a suggestion. Happy trails!

Archived