Early disembarkation in Whittier while doing a B2B

ndjoe

First time doing a B2B. Since I am sure there are a lot of you that already have done one, what are the procedures with Princess in disembarking early on your day in Whittier? I am renting a car and want to get off the ship early so that I might get my car at 8am, and through the Whittier tunnel at 9am. I have read that Princess gives you information the night before about meeting and receiving your new cruise card. Do they let all of the passengers ending their cruise off the ship first, or will they make an exception for us B2B's who might want to get off early?

I have the same question, so I called Princess this morning and here is what I was told--When we booked this cruise, we booked it as a 14 day cruise with 1 booking number, therefore they do not consider it a B2B, but ONE cruise. Since it is ONE cruise, I was told that it is not necessary for us to get new key cards, therefore we should be able to get off the ship beginning about 7:00-7:30 AM. I hope this is correct as I plan on setting up a car rental based on this info.

If anybody has experience with this, please let us know.

Thanks,

Burtie

Whether you booked this as one cruise or as two, with any B2B you will have a new cruise card for the second segment. It will normally be delivered to your cabin the last evening of the first segment.

As far as getting off the ship on turnaround day, the normal procedure is to allow B2B passengers to disembark anytime after disembarkation has first started. You will have been given an "in transit" piece of paper that you can show in order to disembark and also if you wish to reboard before new passengers are allowed to come onboard (but after all disembarking passengers have done so).

You can get off anytime you want. The ship docks at 12:30 the night before (technically early that morning). You will have instructions in your mailbox the night before as far as handling the new cruise cards.

I just did a B2b last month in Whittier.

If you wish, are you allowed to just stay on board if you are sailing all 14 days? We have decided Whittier may be a good day to stay in a read a book!

Yes, but at some point you will need to activiate the cruise card for the new segment as directed by instructions in the letter you will receive onboard.

Yes, but at some point you will need to activiate the cruise card for the new segment as directed by instructions in the letter you will receive onboard.

If you stay onboard - they instructed us to go to the Deck 5 patisserie at a certain time. We then walked to the outside doors, used our old cruise cards and then our new cruise cards and were done. It took 5 minutes max.

Previous years, they told us to do this on our own. This year, they had us do it as a group. Not a big deal.

Archived