National Car Rental FLL

rlkubi

I know everyone recommends Budget from MIA to Port Everglades but they are actually sold out when we arrive in January! I can get a good price with National through my work. I know they only have the drop off at the FLL airport. For those that have used them is it difficult or a long wait? Also when coming back from the cruise we need to rent to get back was that a long wait?

Thanks!

That's going to vary from day to day if it's a long wait or not.

I know everyone recommends Budget from MIA to Port Everglades but they are actually sold out when we arrive in January! I can get a good price with National through my work. I know they only have the drop off at the FLL airport. For those that have used them is it difficult or a long wait? Also when coming back from the cruise we need to rent to get back was that a long wait?

Thanks!

I like National..I use them all the time..I rented a car for the last two weeks with them for only $86 per week...yep..including all the tax and it was from the airport. If your an Emerald Club member, it makes it very easy..they drop you off right at the lot and you just pick a car and they check you out at the exit gate. Last month I rented one from a Thu-Mon and paid $59..again with the taxes. I get discounts all the time through them, too, through Emerald Club.

It really will vary but National is quite good.

Does your work have a special program with them where you can just walk to the lot and select your car? Maybe check at work on that.

Keith

Thanks!

I believe National & Alamo use the Port Authority bus right outside the the Airport rent a car terminal. You should not have to wait longer then about 10 or 15 minutes. The bus cruises the port during disembarkation and I never had to wait very long at the port.

I believe National & Alamo use the Port Authority bus right outside the the Airport rent a car terminal. You should not have to wait longer then about 10 or 15 minutes. The bus cruises the port during disembarkation and I never had to wait very long at the port.

I have had issues on disembarkation waiting for that bus. Called National several times and they kept insisting that the bus was coming by, but we waited a long time and never saw a single one. Ended up giving up and taking a cab over.

On the other hand, going from the airport to the port I didn't have any problems.

Archived