food/drink prices at Chankanaab

Irishman45

Ok so general admission $21 taxi round trip 30+tips

So what does the food an drink cost???

We've been there a few times and only ate at the restaurant once. I can't recall exact prices but I think they were about moderate. Drinks will most likely be a few bucks for beers and maybe $6-8 for drinks in the coconuts. It's been a few years since I last went so don't quote me for sure. We will be going there when we go to Cozumel in July again. If you go on the website for chankanaab there is a coupon to save a few bucks off admission.

Where are you coming from that a cab is going to run you $30?

Anyways, skip the food there. Take a cab into town and eat at La Choza instead.

Round trip cab fare should be closer to $20+tips unless you have a large group. Beers are about $4-5, frozen drinks closer to $6-8, and food is reasonably priced. Good luck! :)

Directly from the website for the dolphin encounter at the park that some friends will be doing:

"Take a taxi from the dock to Chankanaab National Park. The ride will be about $15 USD for 4 persons."

[

Cab prices depend on which pier your docked at. If your downtown it will be little more.

We found that if you order food while on the beach from one of the waiters, it seems to be a better deal than going over to the food place in front of the dolphin swim.

My oldest daughter and her boyfriend stopped at the dolphin place to eat after doing a dolphin swim and they paid, I think around $10 for a burrito (which they said was good). However, we were on the beach and we got the platter with EVERYTHING they offered on the menu for only $12 and it was a lot of food, very filling, and was really GOOD!

IMG7982-M.jpg

And that picture was after I had already started eating and remembered to take a picture before it was half gone. :D

The sodas are $2 for a can...ice cold. The mixed fruity drinks are $6 for the drink and are very yummy.

I'm thinking this huge drink my hubby got (after seeing them served to someone else) was $8

IMG7983-M.jpg

Gee, for $45 you can have al the drinks and food you want at Mr Sanchos. That might be a better deal in the long run?

If you plan to eat and drink a lot, the AIs are definitely the better deal.

My family eats a huge breakfast on the ship and then eats a huge dinner on the ship. We carry off some snacks for during the day (the little boxes of cereal on the ship work great and we bring the cans of soda from home). So far, we've never bought a single food or drink item in a port.

For us, the real attraction is finding the place with the best snorkeling and the most to do.

Archived