Time for ShoreEx to Totem Bight St Park in Ketchikan AK?

pdmlynek

I tried to get the information from the Princess website and other sources, but cannot get my question answered.

Star Princess arrives in Ketchikan, Alaska, at 6:30 in the morning, with a departure time of 16:00. From the Princess website I know that there will be a shore excursion to the Toten Bight State Park. At what time does this shore excursion leave the dock (berth 4)? At what time are passengers expected at the Totem Bight State Park?

Thank you!

If you are booked on the cruise, you can go into the personalizer and go to the section to book shore excursions.

If you select this excursion, the times of the tour will then be shown.

If you are unfamiliar with the personalizer, go to Princess.com and in the center of the page click on "Visit Cruise Personalizer"

I tried to get the information from the Princess website and other sources, but cannot get my question answered.

Star Princess arrives in Ketchikan, Alaska, at 6:30 in the morning, with a departure time of 16:00. From the Princess website I know that there will be a shore excursion to the Toten Bight State Park. At what time does this shore excursion leave the dock (berth 4)? At what time are passengers expected at the Totem Bight State Park?

Thank you!

Are you aware you can easily take the city bus to Totem Bight? Easy also to print out and bring with you the totem guide. Added bonus, is the ability to just walk next door to Potlatch Park, and see more, including totem carvers. If doing both, just allow 3- 4 hours. Get back on the bus and back to the dock. (Berth 4 is the farthest walk however).

Cost would be $2pp. :)

http://dnr.alaska.gov/parks/units/totembgh.htm

http://www.potlatchpark.com/

Thank you caribill and BQ.

Just a point of clarification for my query: we are not booked Star Princess. Thus, I cannot look at the Personalizer that is provided for the booked passengers. We are actually booked on HAL’s Statendam.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=34152397#post34152397

The reason that I asked this question here, on this board, is because we want to go to Totem Bight State Park by the Blue Bus, and sightsee TBSP while it is it not overcrowded with cruise ship passengers. If we catch the 7:46 bus, which is exactly what BQ recommended, we will be able to beat all of the Statendam cruisers who are doing the 9:00 am tour of TBSP by about 75 minutes. This is acceptable to us, because I plan for us to be out of there by the time they arrive.

What I am trying to ascertain is whether we will be able to beat the Star Princess passengers as well. The problem is that Star Princess is scheduled to dock at Berth 4 in Ketchikan at 6:30, or about 30 minutes before Statendam, thus the Star passengers, and shore excursion operators serving them, will have a head start.

Thus my query remains: at what time does the first tour for Star Princess passengers leave for TBSP?

Archived