Captain List

matt082600

Who the Captain is ranks just slightly below wanting to know who the Cruise Director is. Both are things that don't interest me at all.

That's another reason I'm disappointed in the new loyalty program when I get to the Diamond level. I don't care in the slightest to receive a special invitation from the Captain. I can think of nothing that would make me feel more uncomfortable than to be invited to a private cocktail party with the senior officers.

Who the Captain is ranks just slightly below wanting to know who the Cruise Director is. Both are things that don't interest me at all.

That's another reason I'm disappointed in the new loyalty program when I get to the Diamond level. I don't care in the slightest to receive a special invitation from the Captain. I can think of nothing that would make me feel more uncomfortable than to be invited to a private cocktail party with the senior officers.

Not clear what we get in terms of invite from capt at diamond. Nice to go once and try it though.

Have always found RCCL capt's more accessible in any case.

We too like to know who our Captain will be. Our Favorite is Captain Roberto Volpi who will be retiring later this year. We always have nice converstaions with him and he is quite accessible to guests.

I have seen CD lists but never a list of Captains.

We too like to know who our Captain will be. Our Favorite is Captain Roberto Volpi who will be retiring later this year. We always have nice converstaions with him and he is quite accessible to guests.

I have seen CD lists but never a list of Captains.

He really is accessible to guests! A really nice man!

Everyone at noon would stop to listen to his daily reports! Looking forward to hearing the reports in September on the Spirit!

Never seen a list and know they change periodically.

BTW since we will not really ever talk to the capt why are you so interested?

HAHAHA thats is funny because though my wife and I have never TRIED to talk to the captain, both cruises we have taken we accidently have gotten to talk to him! we boarded really late in the day on Victory and actually walked with him onto the ship!!! so it can happen it happened twice with us. I guess the trick is to not want it or care! LOL He is just another person doing his job! :)

Not clear what we get in terms of invite from capt at diamond. Nice to go once and try it though.

was going thru, and getting things in order with my many pics of dinner w/ Captains..some did not have hand written dates, or legible "print #'s" on back, and got to giggling about your sweet comments in thr past!!! Just wish to say, I enjoy your points of view many times over ! I guess I look fwd to my next one (Capt party-pic???) #43, in Sept, since now classified as a "Diamond" (still, somewhat in the rough!) Will decide on my 50% off cruze after January, '13...."more's the pity!!!! "...Rack forever...lucky

was going thru, and getting things in order with my many pics of dinner w/ Captains..some did not have hand written dates, or legible "print #'s" on back, and got to giggling about your sweet comments in thr past!!! Just wish to say, I enjoy your points of view many times over ! I guess I look fwd to my next one (Capt party-pic???) #43, in Sept, since now classified as a "Diamond" (still, somewhat in the rough!) Will decide on my 50% off cruze after January, '13...."more's the pity!!!! "...Rack forever...lucky

Why thank you. Always enjoy your posts and hope to sail with you some day.

With just over 3000 milestone cruisers and a whole lot fewer Diamond cruisers I'm concerned that there would often be no other Diamond cruisers on the ship with us.....

I don't mind chatting with the Senior officers on the Promenade during the Captains Celebration but to be invited to have dinner with them or just me and sister at a cocktail party is something that I just wouldn't be interested in doing.

Plus, I rarely take cloths for elegant evening. I'm more of a slacks or capri set in the MDR and alternate venue for dining on elegant evening.

With just over 3000 milestone cruisers and a whole lot fewer Diamond cruisers I'm concerned that there would often be no other Diamond cruisers on the ship with us.....

I don't mind chatting with the Senior officers on the Promenade during the Captains Celebration but to be invited to have dinner with them or just me and sister at a cocktail party is something that I just wouldn't be interested in doing.

Plus, I rarely take cloths for elegant evening. I'm more of a slacks or capri set in the MDR and alternate venue for dining on elegant evening.

Were all different. Would love to have dinner with the capt just for the experience but hopefully would be a capt with good English speaking skills or we might just sit there and stare at each other all evening.

I'm with you. On our first cruise we got VIP status and got invited to a captain's cocktail party because I set up our meet and greet. Didn't go. Second cruise we were in a suite and got invited to a special party. Didn't go. Guess I should have for the free drinks.

Were all different. Would love to have dinner with the capt just for the experience but hopefully would be a capt with good English speaking skills or we might just sit there and stare at each other all evening.

you want to eat with the help? LOL actually my last CCL cruise i was invited the captain spoke english well but being a ny jew i had a lot of italian friends LOL

Archived