Bermuda via Summit with 4 year old - itinerary thoughts?

Loud_curly

My DH and I are heading to Bermuda with our 4.5 year old DS via the Summit on July 8. DS is an active kid, and no longer naps during the day.

I'm trying to map out a rough itinerary for our 3 days in Bermuda, which will obviously be dependent on weather and moods. Does this sound reasonable, or are we too ambitious? FWIW, we plan on taking public transportation.

Day 1, Wednesday: Head to Gibbs Lighthouse and Horseshoe Bay. Have lunch somewhere along the way. Back to ship for some rest, then over to Harbour Nights.

Day 2, Thursday: Head to Crystal Caves and BAMZ.

Day 3, Friday: Start at a beach, and then stop at sea glass beach on way back to ship.

Should I try to go to St. George's and Tobacco Bay on Day 1 instead? Or leave that for another visit?

Thanks for your input!

I would suggest skipping the ligthhouse. We just returned from Bermuda with our 7 year old DD. We had a perfect day(minus the lighthouse) from Kings Wharf. We bought bus passes. We were dropped at the Naval Cemetary Stop and walked directly across the street and down the steps and collect 3 ziploc bags of seaglass.

We went back to the bus stop and went to Horseshoe Bay. We found lots to do here. We played in the Cove to the right. We climbed the big rock for an incredible view! Don't let this intimidate you - it looks scary from the bottom. I'm very afraid of height and I did not feel this was dangerous at all - even though when we approached the beach, I immediately informed my family I would NOT being climbing to the top. My 7 year old who is very tiny - 43 inches and 39 pounds just loved going to the top.

Then we took a walk to the far end (to the left facing the ocean). There are little Coves and beaches to explore. She loved the "exploration" we told her we were on.

We returned to the other end and enjoyed a popcicle. We should have caught the bus directly back to the ship. I'm the only one in the family that enjoys lighthouses, so I really wanted to visit this. From the bus stop - it is a steep uphill walk along a DANGEROUS road with curves and no shoulder or sidewalk. I definately would not recommend this walk. The lighthouse was very unimpressive.

The Sea Glass Beach and Horseshoe Bay make a great full day.

Day 1

We went to St. George's walked around, then we went to the caves. They were nice, but it seemed like a long day trip on a hot day. After the caves we back tracked to Hamilton with a bus, walked around Hamilton for about 2 hours and then headed back to the ship. I enjoy walking, but it always seems nicer when there is water involved in the excursion.

Day 2

We took the ferry again to St. George's. We then took the bus over to St. David's and walked up to St. David's lighthouse. It was worth the long trip. The views from the lighthouse were incredible. After the lighthouse we walked to Long Bay beach by Cooper Island Nature's Reserve. The beach was a long and vacant. We were 2 of 7 people on the entire beach from Annie's Bay to Long Bay. Nice place to go snorkeling. *Bring your own snorkel equipment.

Day 3

We stayed in King's Wharf and walked around the shops. We didn't use the last day of our bus/ferry pass and ended up giving it away to some random person so it wouldn't go to waste.

*I would recommend that you go to your furthest point on the first day and work your way back. Choose what is at the top of your list first. On our last trip to Bermuda the lighthouse was important to me and the caves were important to my boyfriend. This coming trip we will have several kids involved... strollers, beach & traveling circus. An umbrella stroller is an absolute necessity for your 4 year old in Bermuda, because those little legs will definitely get tired.

Have a wonderful time!

Archived