Allure Cabin Help Needed!

My DH and I are currently booked on Allure in August in a Large Interior on Deck 10. Our TA called and said for $100 more a person he could upgrade us to either a Central Park Balcony or a Boardwalk Balcony. I think that would be part of the experience of a ship of this class, but worry about lack of privacy and noise.

Any advice??

On the Boardwalk Balcony, at least on Deck 9, roughly in the center of the Boardwalk there was still audible but muffled noise even if you had the balcony door shut. However, things quieted down nicely around 11 PM, and did not care about the noise with the door shut prior to that. So would not recommend a Boardwalk Balcony for those who want to sleep before 11 PM or so. As noted, no real privacy on balcony but not an issue as long as you keep the drapes shut when you do want privacy in your room.

My DH and I are currently booked on Allure in August in a Large Interior on Deck 10. Our TA called and said for $100 more a person he could upgrade us to either a Central Park Balcony or a Boardwalk Balcony. I think that would be part of the experience of a ship of this class, but worry about lack of privacy and noise.

Any advice??

If you can afford the extra $$$, I think it is a good deal.

There are a couple advantages, mainly... while one of you is getting ready, the other can relax on the balcony and do a little people watching.

If you like more activity and people watching...go for the Boardwalk ...if you like peace and serenity...get Central Park. Much quieter, but not much action. This is where a lot of the specialty restaurants are.

Just make sure that when you are disrobing....CLOSE THOSE DRAPES..:eek:

Thank you for your input. We decided to bite the bullet and upgraded to Neighborhood Balcony Guarantee. Fingers crossed!

I think you made a good deal.

Let us know when you are assigned!

Love the boardwalk balcony. Mainly the rooms towards the aft of the ship. Always something going on all around you, especially with the aqua theater near by. But as some say, it's not for everyone. Don't know if I would enjoy the central park balcony though. No ocean viewcrybaby2.gif

We sailed on the Allure for the big ship experience... It was a great time. Had a Boardwalk balcony near the aft. Loved the people watching, fountain show, aqua show, movies. The noise was very light with sliding door closed and as one person mentioned - it quieted down about 11pm. Slept quite well. Good luck with the assignment - have fun.

• 4 weeks later...
I love the boardwalk balconies; October 21 will be my second time I have been in the last balcony on deck 10. Love these cabins; great water view and great view of the aqua theatre.

How hot is it on the balcony of one of these "inside" rooms?

Speaking from experience, CP Bal on the Allure and Boardwalk bal on the Oasis, (We've also done ocean balconies) and I will say if we sail that class again, we will definetly chose Boardwalk balcony as close aft as possible and as high up. You get to enjoy seeing all the activity as well as a private seating for the aqua shows, etc. We'd have coffee in the morning, as did others on the balcony, but no one would be staring at us, nor would we look at others. When you are changing in your room, especially at night when lights are on, do close your drapes. You won't hear noise when you lock the balcony door = the handle of the door blocks the noise. Take the upgrade.

Archived