Anytime Dining. Table for two. Pictures?

singjenn

On the Dream there were some that were intimate. Others were side by side, with maybe a couple feet between. We like to eat early so usually got one of the intimate tables. Which ship are you sailing?

The Dream! I normally love sitting with people and getting to know them, but sometimes I feel like I have to entertain them. I have been on one cruise where some of the people made us umcompfy. We decided this time to try the ATD also bc we don't want to eat early or too late.

Can you ask for a table for four and be set with only 2 people? I think this time we just want slow conversation....

I hope no one is offended by that :o

On the Spirit some tables for two were back to back along the rail. Another was set up in the middle of the aisle, intimate but 'everyone' was looking at that table. It just seemed soooo akward.

On the Paradise some of the tables are 2 inches apart in some places and just enought to squeeze by in others. There are others that are against the railing kindof in between the 10-tops.

I would actually LOVE a railing view!!! Did y'all request it, or did you just get it?

On the Spirit it was in the ATD section. You can always ask and be prepared to wait.

Dream: There were 3 or 4 tables for 2 they gave away first. They were in the back overlooking the lower dining area. I really liked those. I'm sure you can request a table to sit with someone else if that's what you want. There were lots of tables for 4. It has been a couple years so my memory is a bit hazy. :rolleyes:

On the Triumph there are a few tables in the back that are more private, but the tables along the sides of the dining room were about six inches apart. It was more like sitting at a table for six with holes in the table.

I would actually LOVE a railing view!!! Did y'all request it, or did you just get it?

On the Spirit it was in the ATD section. You can always ask and be prepared to wait.

We never requested it, that's just where some of the tables for two are in the YTD section. We had a wait only one evening and it was for about five minutes.

On the Legend (spirit class ship) there were several 2 tops along the railing. They seated us there almost every night. We never requested a specific table or server. I am not sure how the Dream is set up, but will find out in Nov.

Can you ask for a table for four and be set with only 2 people? I think this time we just want slow conversation....

No, you generally can't get a table set for 4 for only 2 people. Maybe if there are a lot of 4 person tables available and they're not expecting parties of 4, you might get one for 2, but don't count on it.

No, you generally can't get a table set for 4 for only 2 people. Maybe if there are a lot of 4 person tables available and they're not expecting parties of 4, you might get one for 2, but don't count on it.

I was asking if we could request a table for four that way we would only be with two other people. That seems easier than a large group.

On the Dream, we were seated a few times at tables that were maybe 4 inches away from the table next to us. For the most part, everyone just ignored each other. Although you could hear every word the other table said, so you should watch your conversation. ;)

Here is a picture of the dining room I took on embarkation. I don't know if they were ATD seats or not, but it was pretty typical of the tables we had in ATD. Although instead of just the 2 tables next to each other, there was a row of maybe 4 tables?? And it SEEMED to me they were a little bit closer together than that, but it might have just been my perception once people were actually in the chairs.

ry%3D400

We had one table that was on the second level in the back (in kind of a sunken area - hard to explain), but those tables were more private - no one to our sides .

We had one table that was totally secluded in a little corner with no one in sight!

Here is a picture of the secluded table. I took a picture and had DH hold up the table number sign so that people could request that table if they wanted.

ry%3D400

Maggie

I was asking if we could request a table for four that way we would only be with two other people. That seems easier than a large group.

I thought the same thing Jeanie did--that you wanted a table for four set for only two so you'd have more room. LOL. You can ask for that, but you may have to wait for service to start until another couple joins you.

Does anyone have a photo of how close the tables are to each other? I heard they were just as close as a table for 6....

it all depends on the ship. On the Spirit class ship they are back to back or in a booth so you are not near anyone else.

The Dream! I normally love sitting with people and getting to know them, but sometimes I feel like I have to entertain them. I have been on one cruise where some of the people made us umcompfy. We decided this time to try the ATD also bc we don't want to eat early or too late.

On the Spirit class ships it is common to seat only two in a a booth that can accommodate four. It happens to us all the time.

is it easier to get a table for two if you do anytime dining? when we asked carnival this they told us to stick with our late dining and it would be easier to get a table for two.

You can always get a table for two (or any size you desire) with anytime Dining, it is hit or missed with fixed time dining.

is it easier to get a table for two if you do anytime dining? when we asked carnival this they told us to stick with our late dining and it would be easier to get a table for two.

Anytime duining is the only SURE way of getting a table for two. If you have assigned, you may get LUCKY and get a table for two or to go see the penguin and MAYBE have success.

I misunderstood, sorry. I have been told that you can request to be seated with other people, but I've never done it.

Let me tell you my experience. On the Fascination, tables for 2 at ATD were set up like this: A long bench on one side. Then small tables (6 or 8 of them), then the chair on the other side of each small table. There was enough room between each of the tables for an average sized person to pass to get to the bench. When we sat down (one of us on the bench, one on the other side of the table), we greeted our "neighbors", then concentrated on our menus and each other. (It was our anniversary cruise.:)) If the neighboring cruisers were talkative, we talked to them. If they weren't, we didn't feel awkward not talking. We weren't that close.

Too bad we didn't get any pictures. Which ship are you going on?

On the Dream, we were seated a few times at tables that were maybe 4 inches away from the table next to us. For the most part, everyone just ignored each other. Although you could hear every word the other table said, so you should watch your conversation. ;)

Here is a picture of the dining room I took on embarkation. I don't know if they were ATD seats or not, but it was pretty typical of the tables we had in ATD. Although instead of just the 2 tables next to each other, there was a row of maybe 4 tables?? And it SEEMED to me they were a little bit closer together than that, but it might have just been my perception once people were actually in the chairs.

ry%3D400

We had one table that was on the second level in the back (in kind of a sunken area - hard to explain), but those tables were more private - no one to our sides .

We had one table that was totally secluded in a little corner with no one in sight!

Here is a picture of the secluded table. I took a picture and had DH hold up the table number sign so that people could request that table if they wanted.

ry%3D400

Maggie

So is this the Dream??? How often do you think they change the table numbers? I'd hate to ask for it and be sitting with 10 people when we were hoping for just the two of us...

Anytime duining is the only SURE way of getting a table for two. If you have assigned, you may get LUCKY and get a table for two or to go see the penguin and MAYBE have success.

If we want a table a table for two do we have to ask or will they see it's only the two of us? And if we don't ask what are the chances we will get a table for two?

I misunderstood, sorry. I have been told that you can request to be seated with other people, but I've never done it.

Let me tell you my experience. On the Fascination, tables for 2 at ATD were set up like this: A long bench on one side. Then small tables (6 or 8 of them), then the chair on the other side of each small table. There was enough room between each of the tables for an average sized person to pass to get to the bench. When we sat down (one of us on the bench, one on the other side of the table), we greeted our "neighbors", then concentrated on our menus and each other. (It was our anniversary cruise.:)) If the neighboring cruisers were talkative, we talked to them. If they weren't, we didn't feel awkward not talking. We weren't that close.

Too bad we didn't get any pictures. Which ship are you going on?

It's ok... I went back and read it and it is a little confusing. We are going to be on the Dream. Is ATD in the dining room that's in the middle of the ship?

I talk ALOT but who knows if I will be tired from the days adventures? I might not feel like talking much but I love the atmosphere of the MDR.

So is this the Dream??? How often do you think they change the table numbers? I'd hate to ask for it and be sitting with 10 people when we were hoping for just the two of us...

If we want a table a table for two do we have to ask or will they see it's only the two of us? And if we don't ask what are the chances we will get a table for two? On the Legend & the Conquest, we didn't ask for a table for 2 but usually got one. If you request it you will get it. Depending on how busy or crowded they are you might have to wait for a 2 top. But in my experience, we never waited more than 5 minutes. On the 2 occasions that they sat us with another couple: it was weird because the other couple was already eating, so your meal didn't line up with theirs.

It's ok... I went back and read it and it is a little confusing. We are going to be on the Dream. Is ATD in the dining room that's in the middle of the ship?

I talk ALOT but who knows if I will be tired from the days adventures? I might not feel like talking much but I love the atmosphere of the MDR.

If you request a 2 top, you will get it. Depending on how busy or crowded they are, you might wait a few minutes. We've never waited more than 5 minutes. When we have been seated w/ another couple it was weird because the other couple's meal was already underway. We found that going a little early 545 - 6:30, there was no wait at all. Around 6:45 - 7:30 is when they seemed to be the busiest.

Archived