Be Aware!! Carnival is not honest!!

Coach D

We boarded the Carnival Glory on 6-10-12. While exploring the ship we came across a deal if you applied for a Carnival credit card you wold get some gifts one of them the Carnival cruise employee told us was a raffle ticket for a free cruise. I decided to fill out a credit application form since I was interested in the raffle ticket. SHe then gave us our gifts minus the raffle tickets she said she did not have them yet and to stop by later. We stopped by the next day and the same girl gave us our raffle ticket she wrote on the ticket that the drawing would be held in the Amber Palace at 10pm last sea day I still have the raffle ticket to prove this. Last sea day we arrive at 9pm to watch the show to be followed by the raffle so we thought. The show ended and we waited i finally asked a employee if he would send the cruise director out I had just seen him go back stage, 10 minutes later they started the liars club the cruise director never came out to see me but he was there because he was on the liars club panel. We then went to the front desk, when we arrived there was another lady there who also had a ticket the man behind the desk said it was mistake and that there would be no raffle since it was only a 4 day cruise we were not happy his Supv. came over and she was very rude a third employee then chimed in it was a mistake the man behind the desk told her they were handling it. THe Supv. was very rude she offered us a free drink (lol) we asked why noone called and told us there would be no raffle and she said they did not have our cabin numbers (another lie) We filled out credit card applications they had all the info they needed to get in touch with us they also could have come into the Amber Palcae and made a announcement rather then us all sitting there waiting when we should have been packing.. I asked to speak to her boss and she said no he was not avaiable and there was noone there that I could speak with but her. I asked her to have her Supv. call me in the am of course this never happened. I called customer service when i got home with no satisfaction I will be sending a letter to Carnival. THis was my first Carnival Cruise always Cruise NCL where I am treated 100% better. Guess what i will be doing with my Carnival credit card when it arrive

That sucks (and it sucks more that your credit score got affected by applying for another credit card. one that apparently you don't even want).

What do you think would be appropriate compensation for that employee's inaccurate information?

Very poor customer service..They should of had the raffle how much would it have cost to give a free cruise inside cabin I am sure winner would be responsible for taxes and fees. Probably would spend at least $1000.00 while onboard (I love to gamble) not that i would have won..But Carnival would have made out in the long run no matter who won the free cruise.

The Carnival Barclay Mastercard is worth it if you plan to cruise with Carnival. No annual fee and the standard 1 point per dollar with a 1% return. I have worked for 6 years to get 50000 points and get to use my $500 credit for a cruise in september. Its my backup for when they dont take Amex.

The Carnival Barclay Mastercard is worth it if you plan to cruise with Carnival. No annual fee and the standard 1 point per dollar with a 1% return. I have worked for 6 years to get 50000 points and get to use my $500 credit for a cruise in september. Its my backup for when they dont take Amex.

I use the carnival mastercard and amex the same way.

Better though to use the credit as a statement credit and get the 2% for the cruise payment.

Doubt that you really wanted, or needed the credit card in the first place.

I probably would have used it. I love to cruise I have had a NCL credit card for many years and enjoy the benefits. We loved the cruise check in was not fun but after that no complaints other then the CC incident.

Really not going to cruise Carnival again over a raffle! Isn't there more important things in life to worry about other than a raffle that you most likely wouldn't have won anyway.

Oh well one less person I have to worry about taking the balcony I want!

Personally I love my Carnival CC! We don't ever have to pay for tips! We use our points! When we signed up for the CC we didn't waste our time waiting for a raffle! We had more important things to do!

I think the poster ended up loving Carnival and feels bad since it looks like he is a NCL lover. So he needed something to complain about and the raffle was the only thing they could come up with.

Personally the miss spelled words bothered me more than the lack of paragraphs.

Really not going to cruise Carnival again over a raffle! Isn't there more important things in life to worry about other than a raffle that you most likely wouldn't have won anyway.

Personally I love my Carnival CC! We don't ever have to pay for tips! We use our points! When we signed up for the CC we didn't waste our time waiting for a raffle! We had more important things to do!

I think the poster ended up loving Carnival and feels bad since it looks like he is a NCL lover. So he needed something to complain about and the raffle was the only thing they could come up with.

Was wondering if that was the biggest problem they had on the cruise.

I can see where the mistake happened

How often does the Glory do a 4 day cruise?

and the raffle is held on longer cruises-- which is almost every cruise sailed on the Glory.

The person who wrote on that raffle ticket where and when was probably told NOT to do that this cruise.

I think you just got caught up in miscommunications.

The point is not if she needs the credit card yes or no. The point is that they told her that there will be a drawing for a free cruise for all people who apply for a credit card..and there was none and they probably knew that before hand, so why lie to a customer just to get her business?

If it has happened to some of you, I can bet my life that you were here on CC complaining like she is doing right now!

If I were you I will send that credit card back and tell them to wipe their ... with it!

I can see where the mistake happened

How often does the Glory do a 4 day cruise?

and the raffle is held on longer cruises-- which is almost every cruise sailed on the Glory.

The person who wrote on that raffle ticket where and when was probably told NOT to do that this cruise.

I think you just got caught up in miscommunications.

Who said it was on the Glory? they just told her a 4 day free cruise!

What is it you seek as compensation?

Personally, I don't think that any form of compensation is appropriate in this situation. Yes, the employee wasn't thinking that it was a 4 day cruise when he gave the OP the "sign up for this credit card and you could win a free cruise" presentation (which I think is an honest mistake when he has to say the same thing over and over, cruise after cruise after cruise), but the OP didn't loose any money and his cruise wasn't affected in any way by this inaccurate information.

If it had been something different, like the OP purchased $100 worth of bingo cards to win a free cruise, and then the grand prize turned out to be a ship on a stick, then I think compensation would've been appropriate.

Although I don't think further recourse is necessary, the OP complained at Guest Services and then followed up with Guest Relations at HQ when he returned from the cruise, so I'm wondering what HE wants to get out of it.

I was on an Elation 4 day cruise in April and signed up for the credit card and received my free raffle ticket and before the late show on the last day there was a drawing for the free cruise.

Also I don't think its hard to read op's post at all and 2nd, I might get upset for falsely telling me of the raffle that never happened, but I'd never stop cruising Carnival because of it.

We boarded the Carnival Glory on 6-10-12. While exploring the ship we came across a deal if you applied for a Carnival credit card you wold get some gifts one of them the Carnival cruise employee told us was a raffle ticket for a free cruise. I decided to fill out a credit application form since I was interested in the raffle ticket. SHe then gave us our gifts minus the raffle tickets she said she did not have them yet and to stop by later. We stopped by the next day and the same girl gave us our raffle ticket she wrote on the ticket that the drawing would be held in the Amber Palace at 10pm last sea day I still have the raffle ticket to prove this. Last sea day we arrive at 9pm to watch the show to be followed by the raffle so we thought. The show ended and we waited i finally asked a employee if he would send the cruise director out I had just seen him go back stage, 10 minutes later they started the liars club the cruise director never came out to see me but he was there because he was on the liars club panel. We then went to the front desk, when we arrived there was another lady there who also had a ticket the man behind the desk said it was mistake and that there would be no raffle since it was only a 4 day cruise we were not happy his Supv. came over and she was very rude a third employee then chimed in it was a mistake the man behind the desk told her they were handling it. THe Supv. was very rude she offered us a free drink (lol) we asked why noone called and told us there would be no raffle and she said they did not have our cabin numbers (another lie) We filled out credit card applications they had all the info they needed to get in touch with us they also could have come into the Amber Palcae and made a announcement rather then us all sitting there waiting when we should have been packing.. I asked to speak to her boss and she said no he was not avaiable and there was noone there that I could speak with but her. I asked her to have her Supv. call me in the am of course this never happened. I called customer service when i got home with no satisfaction I will be sending a letter to Carnival. THis was my first Carnival Cruise always Cruise NCL where I am treated 100% better. Guess what i will be doing with my Carnival credit card when it arrive

Yeah.....book a NCL cruise with your new Carnival credit card....and pay it off the first month so they get no interest from you.

That would be "misspelled."

The point is not if she needs the credit card yes or no. The point is that they told her that there will be a drawing for a free cruise for all people who apply for a credit card..and there was none and they probably knew that before hand, so why lie to a customer just to get her business?

If it has happened to some of you, I can bet my life that you were here on CC complaining like she is doing right now!

If I were you I will send that credit card back and tell them to wipe their ... with it!

While I agree there was miscommunication by the person manning the table, I don't believe it was intentional. If the perosn att he table was a contract employee from Barclays and on 7 days cruises there is a raffle, it was probably an honest, but regretful, mistake on her part. I do agree that the supposedly "bad/rude" service wasn't appropriate and could have been handled better by all at Guest Services.

OP didn't say whether they got the CC or not. But they did receive the "gifts" (unstated as to what 'trinkets' these may have been). Getting all riled up over a missed raffle chance and letting it "spoil" a cruise is a bit childish, though. So OP, if a raffle had been held and you didn't win, would that have spoiled your cruise? What about if Barclays denied issuing you a CC based on other factors? I think you're mentally accounting for this in the wrong spot, your swag is already your something for nothing. The missing raffle is the same as not having the winning ticket and your loss is zero.

While I agree there was miscommunication by the person manning the table, I don't believe it was intentional. If the perosn att he table was a contract employee from Barclays and on 7 days cruises there is a raffle, it was probably an honest, but regretful, mistake on her part. I do agree that the supposedly "bad/rude" service wasn't appropriate and could have been handled better by all at Guest Services.

OP didn't say whether they got the CC or not. But they did receive the "gifts" (unstated as to what 'trinkets' these may have been). Getting all riled up over a missed raffle chance and letting it "spoil" a cruise is a bit childish, though. So OP, if a raffle had been held and you didn't win, would that have spoiled your cruise? What about if Barclays denied issuing you a CC based on other factors? I think you're mentally accounting for this in the wrong spot, your swag is already your something for nothing. The missing raffle is the same as not having the winning ticket and your loss is zero.

Point is still they told her/him there would be a raffle the last night of the cruise and there wasn't any! and to make things worse they didn't have the guts to come out and tell all the people who were waiting so!

If he/she has lost the raffle so it be.

Op is still waiting for the cc and said that it will be send back. I would have done the same, just for lying to me to get my business.

Archived