Refilling water bottles

taminator911

Umm, never realized this would get so much attention or be considered the "stupidest" thread on CC. I asked the question for a very specific reason. Of course, one does always have the option to not reply or participate in the thread - just a thought.

Anyhow, thanks for the feed back y'all!! I actually got my question answered from some very nice folks. CC has been a wealth of information for a first time cruiser. :)

There was nothing wrong with the question and you certainly got an answer. What was funny was the tsunami of advice on how to go about doing it.

Cruisecritic is a full service forum... you get great information, camaraderie, a few opinionated posts, and a share of tounge-in-cheek. Gotta love the whole package! Keeps it from getting boring.

Umm, never realized this would get so much attention or be considered the "stupidest" thread on CC. I asked the question for a very specific reason. Of course, one does always have the option to not reply or participate in the thread - just a thought.

Anyhow, thanks for the feed back y'all!! I actually got my question answered from some very nice folks. CC has been a wealth of information for a first time cruiser. :)

The only stupid or dumb question is the one that doesn't get asked. Obviously this was important to you and I would hope you wouldn't ask another question for fear of someone's rude response. Have a great cruise.:)

Could you point me to one that is more stupid?:rolleyes::confused:
Well, I can't cite a specific one at the moment, but please don't rule out the dress code threads, some of which would certainly rank high in any such competition. :rolleyes::):D

I always take an empty one in the side of my carry-on backpack and fill it once I'm through security.........in the airport, that is.;)

I also pack three or four in my larger suitcase (cuz every once in a while I forget my bottle if I set it down)...........then there's room for "souvenirs" on the way home because there's no need to haul those empty bottles back home.

And, I bring insulated (large) mugs for iced tea or coffee/tea depending on the season or place. The glasses for iced tea are terribly small and the coffee cups don't hold much if you're planning to take them out on deck, etc.

The insulated mugs are great for bringing small breakables home....wrap in a sock/insert in mug, put lid on mug...............not running competition here with the step-by-step watter bottle filling, just sayin'.

Who wants to pay $2.50 or $3. for a small bottle when exiting the ship to visit a port? (Besides it takes time to do that charge slip.

I always take an empty one in the side of my carry-on backpack and fill it once I'm through security.........in the airport, that is.;)

I also pack three or four in my larger suitcase (cuz every once in a while I forget my bottle if I set it down)...........then there's room for "souvenirs" on the way home because there's no need to haul those empty bottles back home.

And, I bring insulated (large) mugs for iced tea or coffee/tea depending on the season or place. The glasses for iced tea are terribly small and the coffee cups don't hold much if you're planning to take them out on deck, etc.

The insulated mugs are great for bringing small breakables home....wrap in a sock/insert in mug, put lid on mug...............not running competition here with the step-by-step watter bottle filling, just sayin'.

Who wants to pay $2.50 or $3. for a small bottle when exiting the ship to visit a port? (Besides it takes time to do that charge slip.

Thank you for this!! We've never cruised before and there are some things I wasn't sure about. That's a great tip about the insulated mugs and using them to put breakables in for the return trip home.

Thank you to those who "got it" and had some helpful tips!

Could you point me to one that is more stupid?:rolleyes::confused:

My take away from this thread is not to drink water from the buffet taps as people refill straight into bottles where their mouths have been.

After reading a couple of pages on a most likely fictional novel in the making about a surprise cruise, my take away was why am I spending my time reading this! So therefore my vote goes to the surprise thread!

Please don't try to petition for no more dress code or chair hog threads, it is cheap entertainment for many of us here on cc!:D

The water you get in the tap is not filtered the way it is in the buffet or bar or restaraunt. It does not taste as good. Even at home we have wewll water that goes thru a water softner. The water we drink,make coffee and ice from goes thru another filter. When you buy bottled water it is either natural spring water or purified water. ie it goes thru a filter. Just like the ships. It would cost a fortune to purify the water not used for drinking.

The water you get in the tap is not filtered the way it is in the buffet or bar or restaraunt. It does not taste as good. Even at home we have wewll water that goes thru a water softner. The water we drink,make coffee and ice from goes thru another filter. When you buy bottled water it is either natural spring water or purified water. ie it goes thru a filter. Just like the ships. It would cost a fortune to purify the water not used for drinking.

Well, I can only speak about DCL, the water from the taps is the same water served in the dining rooms and from the drink station. I believe HAL is, also. I think they both tasted just fine.

I just read a report that many bottled waters start with tap water.

:)

Pepsi and Coke both have their own brands of filtered tap water. The cruise lines make about a half million gallons a day of fresh water from the ocean.Next cruise why don't you take a glass of tap water and a glass from the drink station and compare. I will be on another cruise on the Freedom and I'm going to ask them.

The water you get in the tap is not filtered the way it is in the buffet or bar or restaurant.

I was wondering about this myself when folks suggested just filling the bottle in your cabin...we usually just get a glass from the buffet and go back to our room and fill from that.

Pepsi and Coke both have their own brands of filtered tap water. The cruise lines make about a half million gallons a day of fresh water from the ocean.Next cruise why don't you take a glass of tap water and a glass from the drink station and compare. I will be on another cruise on the Freedom and I'm going to ask them.

If you were on my cruise, I would bet you $100 you could not taste any difference whatsoever.

Archived