flight choices are 11am or 4pm after cruise; what can we do most of the day

cruisin07family

Our flight out of FLL was at 5 pm - we took a shuttle from the cruise port to the airport and rented lockers for our luggage and then had a taxi service take us to ft lauderdale beach for the day. There were 8 of us so luckily we found someone with a van. He came back and picked us up a few hours later and took us back to FLL. We had lunch across from the beach at Bubba Gumps and walked around a bit

We also have the same problem, the only excursion that Carnival offers for FLL is South Beach Experience - Ft Lauderdale Airport fo $46$ per person .

This will probably be our choice, it 's the less complicated way to spend the day, our flight leaves at 5 Pm.

I would also like to have other suggestions.

Anic:o

Our flight out of FLL was at 5 pm - we took a shuttle from the cruise port to the airport and rented lockers for our luggage and then had a taxi service take us to ft lauderdale beach for the day. There were 8 of us so luckily we found someone with a van. He came back and picked us up a few hours later and took us back to FLL. We had lunch across from the beach at Bubba Gumps and walked around a bit

I have never heard of renting lockers at the airport. We will be flying United. May I ask where you would do this and how much it costs? We have a 5pm flight in March and I'm trying to figure out what to do for the day. Your idea sounds great.

Thanks!

Sharon

I have never heard of renting lockers at the airport. We will be flying United. May I ask where you would do this and how much it costs? We have a 5pm flight in March and I'm trying to figure out what to do for the day. Your idea sounds great.

Thanks!

Sharon

The following is from the Fort Lauderdale Airport website:

"Public Baggage Storage

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season. The location in Terminal 2 is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

For cruise passengers, some airlines offer baggage check-in at the port for the return flight. This gives you the freedom to explore the greater Fort Lauderdale area or the airport. Contact your airline to see if they offer this service.

Read Tips for Cruise Passengers for more information about baggage storage and cruising."

Most airports you have to be there hour to 2 hours ahead of time to fly out now. I don't think you have that much extra time. To me it would be rush here rush there. We just go to the airport. We had a 4:00 p.m. flight . When we got to the airport they had extra seats on an early flight so we took that home. You can only do this if you don't check in your luggage on the curb.

You have to travel with your luggage so check that in with you.

For me time goes by fast in airports just people watching .

The following is from the Fort Lauderdale Airport website:

"Public Baggage Storage

Public Baggage Storage is available in Terminals 1, 2, 3, and 4. Enjoy exploring the airport or surrounding communities without the impediment of having to take your luggage with you.

Hours vary by location and season. The location in Terminal 2 is open seven days a week from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. For more information, call 954-359-5505.

For cruise passengers, some airlines offer baggage check-in at the port for the return flight. This gives you the freedom to explore the greater Fort Lauderdale area or the airport. Contact your airline to see if they offer this service.

Read Tips for Cruise Passengers for more information about baggage storage and cruising."

Oviedo,

Thanks for the info, wasn't aware of this. We may consider using it if we get to the airport too early.

Sharon

Archived