2012 Guide - Places to See in Saint John New Brunswick for Cruise Ship visitors

fundy

How much is the trolley to he reversing falls?

City bus is $2.50 (or 2.75, it's been a while). $USD accepted

A taxi is about $8

You can also walk there.

The only trolleys I can think of are the guided tours.

Having said all this I don't think it's worth going to the falls unless you are doing an adventure excursion such as jet boat ride or zip lining. Otherwise you be may underwhelmed as they can more accurately be described as rapids

City bus is $2.50 (or 2.75, it's been a while). $USD accepted

A taxi is about $8

You can also walk there.

The only trolleys I can think of are the guided tours.

Having said all this I don't think it's worth going to the falls unless you are doing an adventure excursion such as jet boat ride or zip lining. Otherwise you be may underwhelmed as they can more accurately be described as rapids

Just to add on Acey-SJ, the taxi fare is $8 for one person. Any additional persons is $1 extra on top of the fixed price. So a group of 3 will pay $10.

Just to add on Acey-SJ, the taxi fare is $8 for one person. Any additional persons is $1 extra on top of the fixed price. So a group of 3 will pay $10.

My family of four paid $8 going to the fallls jet boat site and $10 returning. It wouldn't have been worth it for us either to walk or to take the city bus. I agree, unless you are going to the jet boat ride (highly recommended) or ziplining, I'm not sure I would go there just to look at the falls. There is also a sightseeing boat by the same company at another part of the falls that I hear is also very nice.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to add that I had a psychic reading at Celestial Treasurers in St. John - can I tell you she is absolutely amazing, accurate and a great lady. Dont hesitate to see her - she is a short walk up the hill from the ship and truly gifted - plus she has a great shop with all sorts of great things

We are just back from a trip to Saint John - work for my hubby, and the family tagged along. We were not on a ship, but there was one in port on Saturday.

I will say the people of Saint John are fabulous. Most friendly people I have met while traveling.

We enjoyed the city very much, and especially the uptown area. The city market is a nice walk, and you can get some tshirts, sweat shirts, and even fleece or light jackets there, along with food and other souvenirs. People are very laid back and super friendly.

We enjoyed Britts pub immensely. Have the lobster roll, and save room for the trifle. Such a light, not too sweet dessert.

When in the main dock area, make sure to visit the little trailer stand "Beaver Tails". Fried dough with your choice of sweet confection on top. We had maple with chocolate drizzle. Not to be missed.

Enjoy this town - it is truly a gem. We look forward to returning on DH's next business trip or a cruise eventually!

• 2 weeks later...

When in the main dock area, make sure to visit the little trailer stand "Beaver Tails". Fried dough with your choice of sweet confection on top. We had maple with chocolate drizzle. Not to be missed.

Enjoy this town - it is truly a gem. We look forward to returning on DH's next business trip or a cruise eventually!

Thanks for mentioning the beaver tails. Its worth a try.

Do you have any recommendations for a private driver. When we did the cruise ship tour of the Bay of Fundy, it was the wrong time of day. So we stood staring down, nothing happened and we left. This time we want to be a bit more flexible. And any suggestions for a really delicious, laid-back lunch?

Thanks!

Do you have any recommendations for a private driver. When we did the cruise ship tour of the Bay of Fundy, it was the wrong time of day. So we stood staring down, nothing happened and we left. This time we want to be a bit more flexible. And any suggestions for a really delicious, laid-back lunch?

Thanks!

Google Roy's Tours Saint Jon - he is most recommended.

For a laid back lunch - you could try a vendor at the Old City Market, eat on the boardwalk at Market Square, or try one of the many restaurants in historic buildings in Trinity Royal - mostly on Prince William, Princess, Canterbury, King, Water and Grannan Streets.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be coming into Saint John on the Eurodam Sunday, Oct. 20th. From reading the thread, it sound like many things will be closed after the Canadian Thanksgiving. With it also being a Sunday, will anything in town be open (markets, shopping, etc.)?

Thanks.

My husband and I were in Saint John last year twice, on a RT cruise. We enjoyed it very much - walked to the rapids and all around town. Our second day was a rainy one so we visited the wonderful New Brunswick Museum, and were treated to private tours of the geology & art collections. This year we will be back and would like to do a self-drive countryside tour. I'm having trouble interpreting the tide charts...what location do I look at for the sea caves?:confused:

My husband and I were in Saint John last year twice, on a RT cruise. We enjoyed it very much - walked to the rapids and all around town. Our second day was a rainy one so we visited the wonderful New Brunswick Museum, and were treated to private tours of the geology & art collections. This year we will be back and would like to do a self-drive countryside tour. I'm having trouble interpreting the tide charts...what location do I look at for the sea caves?:confused:

St. Martins

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We will be coming into Saint John on the Eurodam Sunday, Oct. 20th. From reading the thread, it sound like many things will be closed after the Canadian Thanksgiving. With it also being a Sunday, will anything in town be open (markets, shopping, etc.)?

Thanks.

If you are just talking a stroll in the city area then the city market and some of the shops will be open. They normally do open on cruise ship days (for the most part)

oh my that sounds divine! we'll pull in on Monday and I wrote this down on my list!

yes there are taxis.

stand inside the terminal and they will grab some one for you.

CAUTION: get the price FIRST. the guy at the stand will quote you and there should NOT be a difference.

we took one to the Zoo and was charged $17 when the fare SHOULD have been $10.( $9 base plus one for the second passenger). if we had not mentioned this to the lady at the zoo desk we would have been none the wiser although we were refunded the extra cost when we returned to the terminal( and used it on Beaver tails.. oh my gawd are they good! almost had a poutine too)

it was an honest mistake by the driver but everyone kept apologizing anyway.

the take American money at par but most will return any change in local currency.

Honestly it was one of the best port calls we have ever experienced and I will definitely go back. Maybe next time we will see the reversing falls.....

• 8 months later...
So Peg on the Carnival Splendor out of NYC?

If so, so am I, there is a non functional roll call if your interested. Just sayin Hi!

Hello! Yes we are. I thought your "name" looked familiar. The roll call is now functioning....stop by and join the fun.

• 2 weeks later...
If you are in Saint John New Brunswick for a day and are wondering where to go and what to do within 8-10hrs.....

HOW TO DO THEM

e) Taxi Tours...

Fundy Tour (fundytour.com) is one of the taxi tours that have been recommended....

!

Unless I am reading this incorrectly - Fundy Tour is no longer in business. To make a reservation it says click on the link, but there is no link!

This is what is says on the sidebar:

You can no longer make reservations as I am out of the country since Jan 2013 pursuing a different career. The site is available for information sharing purpose only. Thank you all for a wonderful time and getting to know you!! 2009-2012

Travelnn