Last Minute Cruise on Pearl.

rhinomike

We just decided to try and go on a cruise in 1 week. I know last minute could be tough. We want to leave on Sunday June 24th. And return the following Sunday July 1st. We called Norweigan and found a couple of connecting rooms on the Pearl. But they want $15k for me my wife and 5 boys. 7 of us total. Ouch. Any suggestions for a cheaper room or a different set up? I wanted to keep it under $10k. Anyone know of a good deal or a way to get a better price.

We booked an Alaska cruise yesterday. I tried through NCL but decided on a warehouse travel club site. Prepaid gratuities made the difference.

To save some $$, we booked a guarantee obstructed OV. We'll be somewhere on deck 8, probably with a lifeboat blocking the view. ;)

You didn't mention what cabin type you were looking at but I know that the issue may be that you want connecting rooms. You might get a better deal if you look for two rooms that are side by side without the connecting door or maybe across the hall from one another.

We are taking the kids with us and when we looked for rooms that were not adjoining, the choices opened up and we found a better deal.

If you go to other sites you should be able to find either pre-paid gratuities, OBC's or BOTH!

Good Luck!

We just decided to try and go on a cruise in 1 week. I know last minute could be tough. We want to leave on Sunday June 24th. And return the following Sunday July 1st. We called Norweigan and found a couple of connecting rooms on the Pearl. But they want $15k for me my wife and 5 boys. 7 of us total. Ouch. Any suggestions for a cheaper room or a different set up? I wanted to keep it under $10k. Anyone know of a good deal or a way to get a better price.

I just booked this cruise (two days ago) for my 9 year old son and I--it was $549 per person for an inside cabin. I just checked the Norwegian website, and it still shows availability.

Sounds like they wanted to put you in the one unsold Garden Villa (at a good rate I might add) - or a combination of suites - 15k and 7 people is an average of over 2100 pp Insides are going for 549 for the first 2 people. NCL does have rules that every cabin must have a person who is at least 21 yrs of age registered in the room - the exception is if you can get connecting rooms. The othere exception is the family suites, and viillas. I have also heard that while the first two people are 549 - additional people in the same cabin are more expensive - they want to sell cabins not berths.

Yeah, we also got a great deal through that "warehouse" travel site :) Prepaid gratuities were a nice touch. I do see that a lot of their rooms are going fast though. As others have said, I think it's probably the adjoining rooms that are giving you a problem. Are your kids young? If not, one adult in one room with some kids and another in another room with some kids for the booking but you can rearrange yourselves anyway you like once you're onboard.

Good luck! :)

Archived