What's your favorite thing/ place on the splendor?

Naomigruis

Two weeks and I'm going to be boarding!!!!

Thanks for all the info and keep it coming :)

It's cool that your cruise is almost here. Hope you'll chime in with your observations when you get back.

Jim

Stairs in a buffet? Now that is just cruel to the fluffy among us. Is there seating up there too?

Great place...Great Chicken and no lines. If you see the deserts on 9 you will see the stairs to 10. Also an elevator right around the corner. Nice to sit up there...almost always empty. ;)

Great place...Great Chicken and no lines. If you see the deserts on 9 you will see the stairs to 10. Also an elevator right around the corner. Nice to sit up there...almost always empty. ;)

Yes, indeed, Dan.

First time I cruised the SPLENDOR never found this IDEAL spot. Love their chicken on the rotisserie. Plenty of seating (most haven't discovered this area), coffee there all day. Easy access from my favorite spot, deck 10 overlooking the Aft Lido pool. Play Gin Rummy here for hours on end.:)

This thread makes me want to hop on the Splendor one more time before she leaves us here on the West Coast!!!

Me too. Plotting and Scheming as I click. :D

Would like to get in ONE MORE cruise on the SPLENDOR before she leaves for NYC (this would make FOUR on her):) Pics of the SPLENDOR at my WEBSHOTS site below.

Here's one you don't hear about- spent many hours on the 4-poster beds in the Spa waiting room on Deck 11. Not the Spa- the waiting room. It was lovely. Air-conditioned with tea, ice water and fruit set out along the wall. There was an area with 8 chairs or so where the people waiting for treatments would fill out their paperwork. I think there were 4 beds with gauzy curtains that faced the ocean. No one EVER asked me if I was scheduled for a treatment. Maybe they thought I was waiting for someone to be finished. Came up the tiny elevator with the wrap-around stairs. It is next to the Salon. Worth a look.

Me too. Plotting and Scheming as I click. :D

Would like to get in ONE MORE cruise on the SPLENDOR before she leaves for NYC (this would make FOUR on her):) Pics of the SPLENDOR at my WEBSHOTS site below.

I'm booked- and spa cabin this time! Can't wait!

My favorite "secret" was when I found the stairs just past the sushi bar.

Once decended, if you keep walking forward it will take you to the back entrance of the Robusto Bar. Continue through the bar and you will be at the front door of the MDR (Sorry I can't remember if that was the Gold or Black Pearl).

Once discovered we no longer had to fight the crowds that jammed the rear staircases that lead to that DR.

The Tandoor grill (best lunch food on the ship)

Also, one of the least crowded places to get lunch. I plan on going there every day that I can for lunch. The cook is continuously making naan bread.

I would expect it to be very good considering most of the chefs are Indian.

Archived