What's your favorite thing/ place on the splendor?

Naomigruis

Kilnwood and Grouchpuss:

Thanks for the updates on the hot tubs. I need to review the deck plans again - having trouble getting the Carnival site to open deck plans though so I have to go find them elsewhere. Our cruise is still a long way off but I'm certainly looking forward to it and there's lots to learn. Thanks for sharing. m--

Kilnwood and Grouchpuss:

Thanks for the updates on the hot tubs. I need to review the deck plans again - having trouble getting the Carnival site to open deck plans though so I have to go find them elsewhere. Our cruise is still a long way off but I'm certainly looking forward to it and there's lots to learn. Thanks for sharing. m--

Go to www.cruisedeckplans.com. Click on Carnival, then Splendor and you'll see the deck plans. You can even see what's over and under each deck by using the drag on the bottom. ;);)

Outside on deck 3 is great. There are very rarely many people there and you are nice and close to the water.

We loved the Tandoor and the Morrocco Lounge was a really nice place to see the comedy shows.

I adore the spa (which is the main reason I'm sailing her again before she leaves for New York) and the comedy club. And pretty much everything else about her. The Splendor is a masterpiece!

• 3 weeks later...

We also enjoyed sitting by the aft pool. Something about it is just relaxing. Plus you have the bar there, the deli and indian food.

We also enjoy going out the "secret door" up front to look over the bow and enjoy the breeze. Seldom anyone out there and it's quite a sight.. especially at night with the moon shining down on the sea.

Hooray I love this thread !!!

Me too, we have 39 days to go. Hubby & I plan on spending lots of time on that Aft Wrap Balcony. Our first time in a room/cabin alone since our son was born 20 years ago. Ya, we've had vacations but he's always been in the room. Shoot, I think we might behave like love struck teenagers...:o

The Tandoor grill (best lunch food on the ship)

The T-pool (no kiddies...very relaxing)

All the spa steam rooms and heated tile lounges - best time to go is 5-6 pm

We're going on her again in December and will be sorry to see her go to the east coast.

We also enjoy going out the "secret door" up front to look over the bow and enjoy the breeze. Seldom anyone out there and it's quite a sight.. especially at night with the moon shining down on the sea.

Are there "secret" doors and decks both above and below the bridge?

Jim

Hi Jim,

Yes.. The secret doors are on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10. Deck 9 is the top of bridge.

:)

Thanks. I guess I should have asked before, but are there chairs or lounges on these decks? Is it a place you could spend a couple hours reading in relative solitude?

Jim

Are there "secret" doors and decks both above and below the bridge?

Hi Jim,

The secret doors are on decks 6, 7, 9, and 10. Deck 9 is the top of bridge.

:)

Thanks. I guess I should have asked before, but are there chairs or lounges on these decks? Is it a place you could spend a couple hours reading in relative solitude?

Jim

Hi Jim,

No deck chairs. Far too windy.

splendorbow.jpg

Jim

There are wooden benches.

Archived