decorations on eclipse?

RubyDog08

Will Eclipse be decorated for the holidays on the 12/1 sailing? :)

My guess is that it will not. My experience is that they start decorating the cruise prior to the holiday cruise.

Well if they decorate on the cruise prior to the holidays, then they should be going up during the 12/1 cruise, since it gets back on the 15th-which is when the holiday cruise departs.

Well if they decorate on the cruise prior to the holidays, then they should be going up during the 12/1 cruise, since it gets back on the 15th-which is when the holiday cruise departs.

Then they might. Or, they might start after boarding on the 15th so that the people on the cruise might witness the changes. Guess we'll know for sure in December :)

We were on the December 10 sailing last year and it was beautifully decorated for the holidays.

2739112430104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

2644987130104945102S600x600Q85.jpg

Good photos. They are showing the first stage of decoration. They do give a good feel of the holiday. The completed project usually features decorations filling the stairs or the area behind where the musicians sit. A menorah is also displayed at the appropriate time.

We cruised departing 12/4 and they started decorating during the cruise. I think it was a 14 day cruise. As others have said, each night they added more decorations instead of doing everything at once. It was always fun to wake up and see what was new.

Mary Lou

Hoping they will begin the decoration on Silhouette's transatlantic that starts Dec 1 and ends on the 16th. Can anyone hazard a guess as to whether they will or not?

We have been on a TA starting 2nd December and they started the decorating during the cruise by adding Pointsetias as we cruised along the Spanish coast. Even on the first pre-dry-dock cruise on Infinity from Fort Lauderdale to Santiago starting 3rd December they started decorating within a few days of sailing although, on that cruise, they were still fire-fighting following the Solsticiation.

I have a slightly different question - when do they start removing the decorations? Having spent one Christmas in Las Vegas, we were surprised at how quickly the decoration came down. The shops started removing them on Christmas Eve! In the UK, we would leave them up until 12th night. We are on Eclipse sailing 29th December and it would be disappointing if the decorations were not still up.

Sue

We have cruised the beginning of December for the last 10 years some on RCL but the last 3 on Celebrity. Every morning you would see new decorations that they had put up some time during the night. Trees were everywhere and the main stairway have garland and flowers. It made for great photo ops and it was very festive. I do have to say they didn't overdo it with Xmas music though. We usually are off the ship around the middle of December, so they may keep adding more although I'm not sure where they would put more. I not a very Xmas person but even I enjoy the decorations. Also, see the islands decorated is a different experience.

Archived