Platinum / vifp confusion ???

tarheel04

So tonight we booked what will be our 10th cruise ( platinum ? ) for the month of july on the fantasy out of charleston. We have been so excited to reach this level of cruising, just a cool thing the wife and i wanted to achieve. So when my pvp said that a new program was starting and that we would be moved to platinum i was still excited. Then i go to update my profile and see that my history says zero cruises. So of course i came to cc to check out what everyone else had to say, only to read posts that say they have not been grandfathered in to the correct level. Then i recieve my booking email that says i'm gold level when i feel that i should be platinum on this cruise. So how do i correct my profile so that it shows the correct sailings and level. And also, will i be platinum on this cruise or only gold? Help me out

thanks

Call Carnival and have them change your profile. My husband's profile now shows he has 0 cruises with 0 days and his cruising history is the same as mine with 30 cruises and 217 days. I don't know why they lost his but they're supposedly working on it.

Call Carnival and have them change your profile. My husband's profile now shows he has 0 cruises with 0 days and his cruising history is the same as mine with 30 cruises and 217 days. I don't know why they lost his but they're supposedly working on it.

It is going to take another 3 years for Carnival to fix this.:rolleyes:

This is from the CCL loyalty FAQ

I was only a sail or two away from becoming Platinum in the previous recognition program. Is there anything I can do to reach the Platinum level?

We understand the investments guests have made over the years, and we’d like to thank and acknowledge guests who were near advancement in the previous program.

Any guest that sails at least 10 times by December 31, 2013, will be grandfathered into the Platinum level under the old program rules.

And, once a guest begins his/her 10th sailing, s/he will be considered Platinum in the new program on that 10th sailing.

my profile showed 0 cruises and i used the claim a past cruise button to input my information. I included a note that all 7 of my cruises were missing. Within a few hours they'd fixed it and they were showing them accurately. :d

did you have all of your past booking numbers or did you just request that your history be fixed?

did you have all of your past booking numbers or did you just request that your history be fixed?

No. I had the booking numbers for only the last two cruises, but I did have the dates and ship names for all of them. I was surprised by how quickly they fixed them. The person who took care of it emailed me to let me know it was done.

Archived