July 3rd Sail-In

bee-ess

we won't know anything for definite until next Wednesday at the earliest as cruise ship movements are not correct but under planned movements arrivals they are accurate here is the link.

http://www.southamptonvts.co.uk/Live_Information/Shipping_Movements_and_Cruise_Ship_Schedule/Planned_Movements/

i believe this is the most accurate version from what other people have said as the cruise ship schedule is out all over the place.

at the very bottom of the page you have the departure times.

There is no plan for them to sail in in convoy. However, they are bound to arrive one after the other to get in as early as possible so it will probably look like a procession anyway.

For anyone on the Red Funnel excursion that morning and evening, there will be a book signing by the authors of the official P&O 175 celebration book.

There is no plan for them to sail in in convoy. However, they are bound to arrive one after the other to get in as early as possible so it will probably look like a procession anyway.

For anyone on the Red Funnel excursion that morning and evening, there will be a book signing by the authors of the official P&O 175 celebration book.

sharon i can't decide whether to get the red funnel ferry or to take pictures from hythe marina. Will you have books available as when i went on azura in april they were sold out and i haven't got round to buying it from amazon. The only possible downside to the ferry is if the weather is rough which is quite possible the way the weather has been recently.

sharon i can't decide whether to get the red funnel ferry or to take pictures from hythe marina. Will you have books available as when i went on azura in april they were sold out and i haven't got round to buying it from amazon. The only possible downside to the ferry is if the weather is rough which is quite possible the way the weather has been recently.

There will definately be books available on Red Funnel, unless they sell out of course! P&O are aware of the Azura issue - the book shop on Azura and Adonia is run by Hardings, on the other ships it is Ocean Books and they operate very differently.

As for the weather - that is anybody's guess. I am just praying it will be better than for the three Queens.

• 2 weeks later...

I'VE COPIED THE ARRIVAL TIME OF VTS AND NOTICED SOMETHING INTERESTING

AURORA 9169524 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 04:00 Nab

AZURA 9424883 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 04:30 Nab

VENTURA 9333175 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 04:30 Nab

ORIANA 9050137 Passenger (MPR) GBR 03/07/2012 05:00 Nab

ARCADIA 9226906 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 06:00 Nab

OCEANA 9169550 Passenger (MPR) GBR 03/07/2012 06:00 Nab

ADONIA 9210220 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 06:30 Needles

DOES ADONIA ALWAYS COME IN FROM THE NEEDLES ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT? IAM READING IT RIGHT THAT SHE IS COMING BETWEEN THE ISLE OF WIGHT AND LYMINGTON? AS ALL THE OTHER SHIPS GO THROUGH NAB TOWER...

AURORA 9169524 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 04:00 Nab

AZURA 9424883 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 04:30 Nab

VENTURA 9333175 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 04:30 Nab

ORIANA 9050137 Passenger (MPR) GBR 03/07/2012 05:00 Nab

ARCADIA 9226906 Passenger (MPR) BMU 03/07/2012 06:00 Nab

OCEANA 9169550 Passenger (MPR) GBR 03/07/2012 06:00 Nab

DOES ADONIA ALWAYS COME IN FROM THE NEEDLES ON THE ISLE OF WIGHT? IAM READING IT RIGHT THAT SHE IS COMING BETWEEN THE ISLE OF WIGHT AND LYMINGTON? AS ALL THE OTHER SHIPS GO THROUGH NAB TOWER...

Yes that is quite possible, Adonia is only 30,000 tons and if it is slack water ships will use the Needles channel. Many years ago I saw the old 'QE2' come into the Solent via the Needles.

On those timings she may well get into Southampton Water before Arcadia and Oceana

Yes that is quite possible, Adonia is only 30,000 tons and if it is slack water ships will use the Needles channel. Many years ago I saw the old 'QE2' come into the Solent via the Needles.

On those timings she may well get into Southampton Water before Arcadia and Oceana

the time they put against each ship is this the time it arrive at the needles and nab or the anticipated docking time? As i'am still trying to decide whether to go on the early morning red funnell trip or not and if the times are to the nab then i have 30 to 45 minutes longer before they actually arrive.

That is correct. I sailed out and back through the Western Solent on Adonia in May. It was great to see the Needles, even though the weather was not brilliant.

Captain Box also took Aurora through earlier this year.

0053.jpg

Archived