Equinox review E Med May 21

Thanks for the link. How was the service overall?

Overall the service was very good. We really liked the stateroom service of our butler Cesar and Jose, our "Camarero". They managed to take care of things whenever we were out and we always came back to an impeccably made room.

Overall the service was very good. We really liked the stateroom service of our butler Cesar and Jose, our "Camarero". They managed to take care of things whenever we were out and we always came back to an impeccably made room.

That's good to hear. We will be on the Equinox in oct. thank you.

You gave shore excursions a score of 3. Which excursions did you take and what was the criticism? Or, was it the variety of excursions that was the problem? Any that you would recommend?

We don't like group excursions and the only reason we took the one in Santorini, was the ability to get an early tender off the ship. The excursion was OK. At least we had time to explore Oia and Fira by ourselves.

We don't like group excursions and the only reason we took the one in Santorini, was the ability to get an early tender off the ship. The excursion was OK. At least we had time to explore Oia and Fira by ourselves.

Which tour did you take? Was is it the exclusive tour?

Which tour did you take? Was is it the exclusive tour?

We took the "Village of Oia & Santorini Island" tour (S001). The cost for two was $150, I believe it was the cheapest of the Celebrity tours in Santorini.:D We were off the ship in about 30 mins., whereas some people had to wait 3 hours to get a tender ride so it was well worth it to us.

We took the "Village of Oia & Santorini Island" tour (S001). The cost for two was $150, I believe it was the cheapest of the Celebrity tours in Santorini.:D We were off the ship in about 30 mins., whereas some people had to wait 3 hours to get a tender ride so it was well worth it to us.

We did the Exclusive Tour which was quite a bit more. We were disappointed in the size of the group(25 or more) for such an expensive excursion. Just curious if you had done the same one. It was the only ship's excursion we did. Think we will try to stick with private excursions from now own. They were a much better value. Had concerns about tendering and the cable car wait in Santorini. Guess is wasn't much of a problem based on others comments. Of course, the Equinox was the only ship in port until 1pm.

DonRoberto:

I was on the same cruise and having experienced Eclipse in January, I will say that Equinox, by far, surpassed the service that we received on Eclipse. I cannot single out any particular person regardless of ethnicity of why Eclipse failed to produce on the same level as Equinox.

That being said I also know that customer satisfaction is dependent on any number of variables including personal experience.

I dined in Blu, as I prefer it to MDR. I received excellent service from servers from Honduras, Serbia, Indonesia etc.

Cheers

Nancy

Archived