HAL shuttle in Stockholm

Coolcruise02

As you found out, there are a number of docking possibilities in Stockholm and it may change at the last minute. We were on the Rotterdam and had expected to use the more remote dock but ended up right smack in Stockholm harbor requiring the use of tenders and surrounded day and night by the incredible city waterside scenery. Tenders were a bit of a nuisance, but you couldn't beat the location.

We went to an event that let out well after midnight because we had an over-night port stop there and by then the tenders were running only every half hour or so. But it was fun to share the tenders with the late night crews getting off work because they were ready to party at the midnight hour, while we were sleepily heading back home to bed.

Seven years ago when we docked at pier 165/167 (Masthamnen) the shuttle was $5 each way and dropped us off at the Opera House.

I don't know anything about the return bus, as we went to the Vasa Museum, then by ferry back to Gamlastan, then walked back to the ship.

Thanks! We are to dock at Strasgarden 167. We are taking the ferry to Drottgningholm and need to get to City Hall. I know which bus route but will not have change to get ticket from the machine and you need a ticket before you get on the bus. I thought about using the ship shuttle if it is close to city hall.

I thought about using the ship shuttle if it is close to city hall.
Accoding to Google maps, it is 1.3 km (0.8 miles) from the Opera House to City Hall. But of course in 7 years they may have changed the shuttle bus drop point . :)

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Stocckholm+sweden+royal+swedish+opera&daddr=stockholm+sewden+city+hall&ie=utf-8&v=2.2&cv=6.1.0.5001&hl=en

You could also try posting your question on the roll call for the Ryndam June 9th Baltic cruise. I just returned yesterday afternoon from that cruise. I did not use the Stockholm shuttle so cannot answer your question. I do know that that the shuttle was not running on the second day (we were there overnight). Maybe someone who did use the shuttle will see your question on the roll call and can answer it.

Archived