!4 Day Round Trip Los Angeles to Alaska

mndctrl

or better yet, a 10 day Alaska cruise embarking in LA and disembarking in Vancouver...

1 LA

2 sea

3 SF

4 sea

5 sea

6 KetchiKan

7 Juneau

8 Skagway

9 Tracy Arms or Glacier Bay

10 sea

11 Vancouver

and vice versa.

I rather paid a one-way flight and save three sea days.

or better yet, a 10 day Alaska cruise embarking in LA and disembarking in Vancouver...

1 LA

2 sea

3 SF

4 sea

5 sea

6 KetchiKan

7 Juneau

8 Skagway

9 Tracy Arms or Glacier Bay

10 sea

11 Vancouver

and vice versa.

I rather paid a one-way flight and save three sea days.

Oh, no no no! The sea days are the best bit.

Dont get me wrong, I love sea days too. But 4 sea days + 1 scenic cruising on a 10 day trip is perfect to me. When I'm retired, then I would prefer the 3 sea days at the end and save on the one way flight. If the 10day Alaska cruise straddles over two weekends, us working professionals will only need to take 6 vacation days !

With two more ships joining the fleet in the next two years, the company should add both the 14 LA roundtrip and the 10 days LA-Vanc Alaska itineraries!!

Since Mexico is out - We need more options that include RT Los Angeles. Other than Hawaii there is little else us Angelenos can do from here. RT to Alsaka including Seattle and/or Vancouver/Victoria would be great.

For me a costal CA cruise is not enticing as I drive to SF a few times a year already and with Santa Barbara & San Diego only an hour and half away the cruise doesn't take me anywhere I can't get to. There is so much cruise variety from Ft Lauderdale/Miami and they can't drive there either.

The last time I saw a regular RT Alaska cruise out of Los Angeles was back in the late 70's/80's on the now defunct Royal Viking Line. It also stopped in SF to bring on/leave off passengers; however, you had to get off the ship where you originally boarded. I'm afraid you won't see those types of cruises due to the number of sea days and the fuel burn. It's just easier for people from LA to just fly or drive to SF and catch the ship. I'm sure Princess' marketing department has analyzed every possible route/embarkation port and determines what's economically feasible based on supply and demand. What people say they want and what they actual book can be two totally different things. Doing a 14 day cruise out of Seattle or SF makes more sense because you spend more time in Alaska at least from a marketing stand point.

Thanks all for posting. I like the sea days, so the more the better. I agree that there are lots of cruises on the east coast, we need more options on the west coast, especially without airfare. We did a Celebrity 12 day round trip from Los Angeles 2 or 3 years ago and it was terrific.

After 6, 14 day RT LA - Hawaii, and a similar number of RT LA - Mexico, I am ready for an RT, LA -Alaska. I would rather spend my money on more days on a Princess ship than spend it on a few hours on a crowded airplane. PRINCESS - LISTEN UP!

Edited by janacin

Absolutely love this idea and would do it each and every year. Like others have said, not many options for us out of LA and would be delighted to cruise up the coast and not have to worry about flight schedules. Yea! Princess make this happen! :D

I would like to see them bring back the 14 day round trip out of Seattle that included more ports than J,S, and K. I took 2 of those when they were offered and thought they were fantastic.

I prefer this option. On our first cruise to Alaska, along with the big 3, we also stopped at Sitka & Icy Strait Point. Alaska has so much more to offer than the big 3 ports. As a matter of fact, if it weren't for the dog sledding tour in Juneau, Sitka & ISP would have been the best stops on that cruise. They were much more memorable than Ketchikan & Skagway. We also prefer r/t to one-way cruises.

My family does not fly so anything RT out of L.A. is what we do.

Can you say fifth time on Princess RT to Hawaii coming up?

Please Princess listen--give us west coasters something else to do--14 day RT ALASKA of out Los Angeles!!!

Yseone :)

Edited by yseone
more info added

Princess only had a few coastals to start with until they saw how wildly popular they are. Now, they've added a lot to the schedule. They should throw in a couple LA - Alaska voyages just to see how they do. If they interspersed 14 day LA/Alaska with 14 day Hawaii RT, I bet a lot of people would do both as a back to back. 28 days and you get both Hawaii and Alaska!

Princess only had a few coastals to start with until they saw how wildly popular they are. Now, they've added a lot to the schedule. They should throw in a couple LA - Alaska voyages just to see how they do. If they interspersed 14 day LA/Alaska with 14 day Hawaii RT, I bet a lot of people would do both as a back to back. 28 days and you get both Hawaii and Alaska!

That would be absolutely perfect!

Sign me up for a 14 day cruise out of LA to Alaska. We have been talking about doing it again. But please Princess.....a decent ship. Did the 10 day Sea Princessnand did not care for ship. The idea of b2b. LA....Hawaii...LA....Alaska sounds just perfect.

Is there anyone besides me who would like a 14 day round trip from Los Angeles to Alaska? I have told someone at Princess at least 20 times, but it is not getting through to them.

You'll probably find that there will be to many sea days ( at least 3 each way)

for most people who go to Alaska.