Glory has got it together now, June 18th departurei.

MikeyA53

We are presently docked in saint John , departure was a breeze, we got at the terminal at 11 am and were on the ship by 11:30 am. We did receive an urgent E-mail informing us to arrive at 1:30 pm, as did many others. Maybe that helped reduce the recent problems getting on the ship. Will post a review when we get back.

We are presently docked in saint John , departure was a breeze, we got at the terminal at 11 am and were on the ship by 11:30 am. We did receive an urgent E-mail informing us to arrive at 1:30 pm, as did many others. Maybe that helped reduce the recent problems getting on the ship. Will post a review when we get back.

nice...we were getting off while you were getting on. Same thing with us (urgent notice email--we ignored...we were eating Fish/Chips at 11:15am.

Hope the weather is good for you - it was for us!

John in NC

Good to hear that!! We will be getting on the Glory on Saturday. Happy to hear that you had an easy time......was getting nervous by all the things I have read.

Enjoy you last couple days!!!

sandi

nice...we were getting off while you were getting on. Same thing with us (urgent notice email--we ignored...we were eating Fish/Chips at 11:15am.

Hope the weather is good for you - it was for us!

John in NC

What were the temps like day/night ?

I'm hoping that the June 10th disaster was simply because it was the first cruise out of Boston, and they had computer issues to boot. My plan is to leave my house by 8. It's about a 2 hour ride up there, but I'm sure I'll get a little "misplaced" looking for parking. Hoping to be lining up by 11, and on board by noon! My nephew is very excited, and will be a bear in line if we have to wait too long. Crossing my fingers that it all works out!

Can;t wait to read your review when you get back!

What were the temps like day/night ?

Presently we are nearing Halifax, temperatures mid 70s daytime and 60s night. Word of advice, saint John and halifax are port cities, they are usually cooler because of the fog. Yesterday in Saint John the temperature got in the 70s and outside the city it was 88 degrees.

I'm hoping that the June 10th disaster was simply because it was the first cruise out of Boston, and they had computer issues to boot. My plan is to leave my house by 8. It's about a 2 hour ride up there, but I'm sure I'll get a little "misplaced" looking for parking. Hoping to be lining up by 11, and on board by noon! My nephew is very excited, and will be a bear in line if we have to wait too long. Crossing my fingers that it all works out!

Can;t wait to read your review when you get back!

There was a parking change at the terminal. The circus was using the usual parking terminal and they had a alternative area nearby. You unloaded your luggage and boarded a bus to the terminal. Two minute ride. Cost of parking $50. A saving of $30. (5 x 16=80). Parking will resume at the usual place when the circus leaves.

Must feel kind of strange to travel to Boston, embark then end up practically in your own backyard, Mike!

Can't wait to see the review!

We booked this cruise on June 11th, just one week before departure. A last minute getaway. Boston is the closest port from where we live, it's only a 5 hr drive. We are getting teased on the ship whenever someone finds out where we live. We actually lived just outside the Saint John city limits between 1993- 2002.

Looking forward to your review...and pictures:):):) Very close to booking the Glory for next June..7 day out of Boston.....

I have been sorting out the approximately 700 photos since we got back, hope to start the review in a few days.

Archived