Eurodam VH (Guarantee) Upgraded to VS--what the heck is that?

moondoggie

We just booked a veranda guarantee, and our TA said we would be upgraded to VS at no additional charge? I cannot find a VS on the deck plan--does anyone know what this is? Also, what is the difference between a Veranda and a Viewing Balcony? Thanks, all.

I don't think there is such a thing as a VS. I wonder where they got that from. A viewing balcony is just that. No room for chairs, just a place to stand. You may end up with one from your level of guarantee. I happened to me and up until that pint I didn't know that was even an option.

We just booked a veranda guarantee, and our TA said we would be upgraded to VS at no additional charge? I cannot find a VS on the deck plan--does anyone know what this is? Also, what is the difference between a Veranda and a Viewing Balcony? Thanks, all.

Ask her to check again as you are correct, there are no VS staterooms on Eurodam: http://abqreunion2008.com/Eurodam/index.html the V cats are:

Deluxe Verandah Ocean View Staterooms Category: VA, VB, VC, VD, VE, VF, VH, VQ & VT

Superior Cats are: SS, SY, SZ & SU

Deluxe Verandah Suite Staterooms

SA, SB & SC

No VS at all..........

JOanie

I'm not certain about this, but there is a category VQ, which I think used to be the spa verandas - seems as though they have been changed? Maybe that would have been VS at one point when they were spa verandas? Also, they used to have viewing verandas (the Juliet-type balcony) rather than regular verandas, but on the current deck plans they don't show this. Maybe they have changed them? They are in an interesting location, if that is where you have been located. I wouldn't mind trying a cabin up there sometime.

I'm not certain about this, but there is a category VQ, which I think used to be the spa verandas - seems as though they have been changed? Maybe that would have been VS at one point when they were spa verandas? Also, they used to have viewing verandas (the Juliet-type balcony) rather than regular verandas, but on the current deck plans they don't show this. Maybe they have changed them? They are in an interesting location, if that is where you have been located. I wouldn't mind trying a cabin up there sometime.
There is not now and never has been a VS on the Eurodam. The VT with the Juliette balconies are still there on the Observation deck (11) and the on-line deck plans show them. The VQ Spa verandas are on deck 10.

The Eurodam is the only ship that has those sucky viewing balconies. They wised up after that:D. Those are a pretty hard sell as a balcony.

The Eurodam is the only ship that has those sucky viewing balconies. They wised up after that.
Originally these cabins were not going to be balconies, just outsides with floor-to-ceiling windows. The addition of the balconies was a late-construction improvement. IMHO the mistake was only the ranking of them higher than the VH and VF. They really should have come up with a new term to call them.

You're sure they said VS and not VF? They could sound the same on a phone conversation. If it was emailed then I have no idea. :D

IMHO the mistake was only the ranking of them higher than the VH and VF.

Exactly! I am sure if they were the cheapest "Balcony" cabin people would be fine with them. I think they are better than an oceanview, but I would sure be upset if I got one of those on a VH GTY.

Exactly! I am sure if they were the cheapest "Balcony" cabin people would be fine with them. I think they are better than an oceanview, but I would sure be upset if I got one of those on a VH GTY.
Or call them a CS Superior Oceanview, which could still be priced higher than VF but simply not called a Verandah cabin --- so you couldn't get "upgraded" from a VH or VF into one.

Maybe on the next big dry-dock they'll be changed to VQ sized, like on the Nieuw Ansterdam.

Or call them a CS Superior Oceanview, which could still be priced higher than VF but simply not called a Verandah cabin --- so you couldn't get "upgraded" from a VH or VF into one.

Love that idea. Now, if only, HAL would bite.

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I'm going to be heading out the door in 20 minutes for Boston to head to Copenhagen and will be on the next Baltic Eurodam cruise. Oddly, this was the first I had heard about "viewing balconies" and since I had done a guarantee balcony and yet got upgraded to mid ship 8th deck, I just wanted to make sure that's not where they were. I would obviously make due and it's kind of late to worry of it NOW....but it still caught me a little off guard. So seriously...thank you for responding before I headed out. :-)

Cathy

Archived