What's up with the Captain Larry Tour?

getawaygirl

Hi,

I've been looking into excursions out of Juneau and everyone seems to really like the Capt. Larry tour. Is this the same as the whale watching and wildlife tour? When I read the information about it, there's no mention of a Capt. Larry so I was wondering if it's a sperate tour. Or an independent tour operator. Any info would be helpful..also thanks everyone for your input about excursions with toddlers,I really appreciated it.:)

But if you plan on taking toddlers with you (which I don't recommend on tours over an hour), I would instead suggest the ship contractor Allen Marine. There is way more space and better munchies. :) This way you can at least have some "down time" perhaps? Orca Enterprises boats are small with just an open small deck at the back and an upper ladder accessable deck on top. Not really that toddler friendly?

I'm abnormal to this board. I really liked the ship's excursion, on a large, fast catamaran with plenty of viewing space inside and out, binoculars provided, food and drink, three on-board naturalists and an underwater microphone to hear the whales if they start bubble-net feeding.

I'm abnormal to this board. I really liked the ship's excursion, on a large, fast catamaran with plenty of viewing space inside and out, binoculars provided, food and drink, three on-board naturalists and an underwater microphone to hear the whales if they start bubble-net feeding.

No not abnormal. ;) Plenty of people enjoy those well run tours. :) Have a great time.

Archived