Horseshoe Bay Question...

dolfinmusic

I don't know if it's year round but I would be surprised if it was. I believe it's there during the busier months. We avoided Horseshoe last week when we were staying in Bermuda and went to Warwick/Long Bay. But cruisers getting on and off the buses for Horseshoe said the ride was there then.

I don't know if it's year round but I would be surprised if it was. I believe it's there during the busier months. We avoided Horseshoe last week when we were staying in Bermuda and went to Warwick/Long Bay. But cruisers getting on and off the buses for Horseshoe said the ride was there then.

Thanks for the info!! Where is Warwick Bay at?

There are five beaches all connected to Horseshoe. You can walk the coastline and go from beach to beach. It is a very pretty walk. Take along your water so you don't get dehydrated. I believe Warwick is the beach right next to Horseshoe.

If you have a map handy Warwick Long Bay is just a 20 minute walk east of Horseshoe Bay along the sandy path. You'll pass Chaplin and Stonehole Bays and then Jobson's Cove. Warwick Long Bay is just beyond the rocks of Jobson's Cove. It is the 2nd bus stop past the Horseshoe and Tio Pepe's Restaurant bus stop. Many people walk from the apartments we stay in by Long Bay to Tio Pepe's so it's definitely walkable from Horseshoe.

Last year the taxis at the dockyard had a speial price to Horseshoe Bay only. It was $6 per person, filling their vans with 6 people. Does anyone know if they are doing this again this year? The taxis were there at the bottom of the hill for the triip back also for the same price.

Last year the taxis at the dockyard had a speial price to Horseshoe Bay only. It was $6 per person, filling their vans with 6 people. Does anyone know if they are doing this again this year? The taxis were there at the bottom of the hill for the triip back also for the same price.

I would like the answer to this also. We would love to take advantage of that.

There are five beaches all connected to Horseshoe. You can walk the coastline and go from beach to beach. It is a very pretty walk. Take along your water so you don't get dehydrated. I believe Warwick is the beach right next to Horseshoe.

Warwick Long Bay is separated nicely from Horseshoe by Chaplin & Stonehole Bays so doesn't receive the crowds.

Warwick Long Bay is separated nicely from Horseshoe by Chaplin & Stonehole Bays so doesn't receive the crowds.

Actually the paths connect 5 beaches going northeast: Horseshoe Bay Beach, Chaplin Bay, Stonehole Bay, Jobson's Cove , and Warwick Long Bay. The path distance is about .6-.7 miles.

SBtS

What time of the day does the crowd start to thin out at Horshoe Bay? i was thinking of doing St. George's in the morning and going to Horseshoe late afternoon.

It is most crowded in the afternoon. After four is when people are leaving. The least crowded time is to get there early 8:30 or 9:00 and leave around noon or one.

It is most crowded in the afternoon. After four is when people are leaving. The least crowded time is to get there early 8:30 or 9:00 and leave around noon or one.

But you know what? When you get to the actual beach, after you pay for your chair, or water, or what have you, you don't have to stay with the crowd. Just keep walking "left", through all the people, and the coves and that's when the beauty really appears. There are little pools amongst the rocks, and the waves crash and spray and it makes for a beautiful photo opportunity. Some people jump from the cliffs into the water (not me, I just watch), but it's really, really REALLY pretty and it doesn't matter what time of day it is - there are hardly any crowds because I think most people just don't know to keep walking towards the left...

Ugh, I think I just ruined it. :eek:

What time of the day does the crowd start to thin out at Horshoe Bay? i was thinking of doing St. George's in the morning and going to Horseshoe late afternoon.

U know Grace everyone has the same question. There in begs the question!

Valchie is correct, even the "east" end of Horseshoe is not too bad for crowds because they tend to gather closer to the restroom area. But a 20 min walk further will bring you to Warwick Long Bay which is just as gorgeous. And Jobson's Cove is right there too. We spent a week across the street from Warwick Long Bay and never went to Horseshoe. So you can find a spot that feels comfortable if you want that.

Yes Valchie, you ruined it!:p

Thanks for the tip. I thought the walk had a lot of rocks and climbing and would be to hard with our bags.....but sounds like is doable. Cant wait.

It depends on the tide and surf. I have walked from Horseshoe to Warwick several times. Sometimes I had to climb up and back down to get there. Other times walked at beach level. In any case you don't have to go that far to the left to get away from people. Most people hang near the facilities. Also some mentioned the people who jump off the cliff. Please don't ruin your vacation and do that. I have seen several people get hurt, badly bruised and one man certainly was severely injured. Looked like he broke his back. There are lifeguards there and EMS arrived fast but you don't want to be him.

We are trying to plan our one full day in Bermuda as a beach day. My son (17), daughter (20), her boyfriend (22) have a 10:00 AM swim with the dolphins and want us to go to the beach to get a spot and chairs and they will meet us there after dolphin swim. My wife is a little nervous about this, as these three would get lost in a bathroom without a map.:eek: Which beach is the easiest to access and which form of transportation would be the best to use?

We are trying to plan our one full day in Bermuda as a beach day. My son (17), daughter (20), her boyfriend (22) have a 10:00 AM swim with the dolphins and want us to go to the beach to get a spot and chairs and they will meet us there after dolphin swim. My wife is a little nervous about this, as these three would get lost in a bathroom without a map.:eek: Which beach is the easiest to access and which form of transportation would be the best to use?

I can't imagine that you'll have a problem getting space on a beach along the south shore. My advice is to stay together as a group and take a bus or cab to Horseshoe Beach. If you find it too crowded it's a short 15 minute walk to Warwick Long Beach. Warwick is huge. If that's crowded hop on a bus and go to Elbow Beach -- also a huge beach.

If you want to rent chairs you'll want to go to Horseshoe Bay. Warwick Long Bay is also very nice and much less crowded but there are no rentals or restrooms there, and the public section doesn't have any amenities either I don't believe. It is a bit of a walk from the bus stop but not that bad. Warwick Long Bay is a shorter walk from the road but again no amenities.

The bus is the way to go, buy a transportation pass at the dock if you are docked in the Dockyard. You can also buy tokens or use the correct change if you don't plan to take many trips, and they also have a book of tickets if you want to share them.

Archived