Internet package prices Century

dundalkspur

If you have Elite status, you will receive 90 free minutes of Internet. Otherwise, the minutes will cost between $0.90 and $0.55 depending on how many minutes you buy. At least that is what I remember.

Since Internet service is slow and not dependable all the time on a ship, it is best to do all your emails off line and then login just long enough to send and receive updates.

It is possible if you are in a suite that you will be given complimentary Elite privileges. We were in a Celebrity suite on a Panama canal cruise and received them even though that was only our second cruise with Celebrity. It just depends.

Prices are listed on the following Celebrity web page under Before you go - During Your Cruise - Staying In Touch - Internet

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway#before_you_go_during_cruise/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/chickletpanel.do%3Fpagename=before_you_go_during_cruise

Internet access is available in the Internet Café 24 hours a day until debarkation is completed. Internet minutes are available at 6 different rates:

• $0.75 cents a minute with no package.
  • In and Out Package - $24.95 for 38 minutes
  • In Touch Package - $49.95 for 90 minutes
  • Informed Package - $99.95 for 208 minutes
  • Interact Package - $199.95 for 555 minutes
  • Involved Package - $399.95 for 1666 minutes

The Elite Captain's Club benefit is a free 90 minute package. You can also apply the value of the package ($50) towards a larger package if you prefer. If you go over the minutes in a package the overage is charged at the per minute rate inherent in the package rather than reverting to the $0.75/min rate.

Many Thanks Guys -your replies were spot on.:)

As an ex IT Director -I need my daily fix on my keyboard .:cool:

No doubt after you use it, you will be as frustrated as we were. Please consider commenting to Celebrity to convert to a much fairer system of charging by data used; instead of time used. Their current system stinks! Cell phone companies can charge by data used instead of by time used; so it is possible to do it that way.

No doubt after you use it, you will be as frustrated as we were. Please consider commenting to Celebrity to convert to a much fairer system of charging by data used; instead of time used. Their current system stinks! Cell phone companies can charge by data used instead of by time used; so it is possible to do it that way.

I know -it is the same on every ship and line .On Princess on the last night when people have to book their Air -the IT guys hide as they know their masters in Miami are interferingwith the IT.

No doubt after you use it, you will be as frustrated as we were....

Good point. New cruisers should set their expectations of internet speed and connectivity very low or they'll be disappointed. The ship is using a satellite signal which I imagine is shared between ship IT needs and all other users. Speed will be agonizingly slow at peak times and a bit better very early in the morning or late at night, but still not great. Sometimes it makes you long for the speed of an old dial up connection. There will also be times when there is no signal at all or when the signal comes and goes.

If you bring your own device-- laptop,smart phone, iPad-- you can use techniques to use you time efficiently for email. Log on, download your email, then log off. Read your email at your leisure, compose your responses, then log on again and send them. Usually takes one to three minutes for each session.

What chews up the minutes is trying to surf the net, or trying to do email while sitting at the ship's computers where you get your email and have to read and write answers all while the click is ticking and everything is moving at dial up speed. By working efficiently, and occasionally finding wi fi hot spots in ports, you won't be so frustrated by the ship's satellite systems.

Just off the Summit last week after our first ever cruise on Celebrity. We were in a Royal Suite and had the Elite coupons waiting for us on the dining room table which included 90 mins of free internet for each of us.

We had an ILounge onboard right down the hall, very convenient and I found it to be pretty quick for a ship connection. I probably left at least 30 minutes unused.

Archived