Early saver rules

Actually there are plenty of cabins that do not convert.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/deckplan.aspx

This is just one example. Look at the legend on the bottom and it says two twins that do NOT convert. You have to ask or you have to know where to look at a legend that is accurate. You could wind up getting bunk beds if you don't know what to ask for. The pictures are just stock pictures. They do not represent the actual room. Check this legend out from Vacations to go.

http://www.*************.com/deck_plans/Carnival_Dream/Deck_2_-_Main.cfm

This one give a good detail of what is in each room.

Thanks

Yes, asking questions and paying attention to deck plans is something you should always do when booking. But you made it sound like this was something you have no control over when booking the ES rate, which is completely untrue.

At first I though OCD rate was a joke meaning I was being OCD in the TA's opinion.

Turns out she kept telling me I was early saver and I am not I am under an OCD rate and now have had final payment cannot get any further price drops.:eek:

The only thing I am able to do is upgrade - but then I loose my $200 OBC.:(

Will not be using her again.

That is disappointing. But your first cruise is always a learning experience. Now you'll know what questions to ask and details to look for when booking the next one.

By the way, what exactly is the OCD rate? That doesn't sound familiar.

The carnival lady said it was a summer sale.

I never feel comfortable talking to the customer service and specific departments as they all give different answers.

Just tired of the whole thing and has taken alot of enjoyment out of it.

Have to refocus now. Switching gears as we speak.

Did you ever just want to tell someone that when they are in a hole they need to quit digging? Now is that time for me. ;-)

I know what you mean!

OP, presumably you were happy with the arrangements when you first booked. If you're at the point where you're getting frustrated and it's affecting your ability to actually enjoy planning and look forward to your cruise, maybe it's time to let it go. Take what you've got, go have a great time, and chalk it up to a lesson learned for your future cruises.

This is the downside to being on Cruise Critic. Sometimes, it is possible to know too much, then you start second guessing everything! Try to let it go and just have a good time.

This is just one example. Look at the legend on the bottom and it says two twins that do NOT convert. You have to ask or you have to know where to look at a legend that is accurate. You could wind up getting bunk beds if you don't know what to ask for. The pictures are just stock pictures. They do not represent the actual room. Check this legend out from Vacations to go.

Thanks

the rooms that do not convert will have an astrick * in the cabin number. Most of these are handicapped rooms and you shouldnt be booking them anyways. Case in point - cabin 7206 on the Liberty is a 4J the beds sit head board to head board.

There are only a few-- not a lot

ps- you can not mention agencies or agents on cruise critic.

This is not true. I was able to choose my cabin. Proably because I was a past guest, but I do believe that you can choose your cabin because that is how you get the category assigned.

i booked my first carnival cruise with ealy saver and chose my cabin

Yes, I agree with wiskT but here is something you also should know about. With the early savor rate, you are at Carvival's mercy as to where your cabin is located because you can not pick your deck or cabin. It could be way on the lower decks or far aft or far forward. The point is the rear of the ship tends to vibrate because of the rudders. The front of the ship tends to bounce more in rouch weather. Also, you wil be farther from the dining areas, pool, etc. if you have a lousy location. If none of these things matters to you then, go for the cheap early savor booking. Look for early savor rate when booking.

oops

Bill

Thanks

You do realize that someone booking early saver picks their cabin from all the available cabins, correct?

So a person booking early saver doesn't end up with any better or worse cabins than someone who books with a different rate.

Also, only 50 dollars per person is forfeited if you have to cancel or change. The other 200 is held for another booking.

And you have to pick a cabin when you book early saver.

1st time we have done early saver and we booked our cabin of choice for Miracle Oct 13 cruise.

I do have a quick question and I have read many different answers in search and I am a bit confused.

Thought i'd ask here instead of making a new thread but can do that if needed.

My TA is on vacation so I can't ask her. I have screen saved the sale.

Total price for balcony cabin 8E was $1990.32 (2 people in Jan) we picked our cabins ..

Our rate that we were using to check ES fare viewer is $1778.

This is the price on carnival website before they add the tax/fee. ($212.32).

ES rate has been off fareviewer link for quite some time now.

Would the sale below be used to get the OBC? or reduced fare?

Can I use past guest with ES? Will it change my code from ES to past guest??

Would they upgraded me or anything as we booked this cabin special since we will be in a row with family.

carnival sale

The Best Vacation Sale - Past Guest 8E (Free Upgrade from 8A) $1698.00

thanks for any advice

1st time we have done early saver and we booked our cabin of choice for Miracle Oct 13 cruise.

I do have a quick question and I have read many different answers in search and I am a bit confused.

Thought i'd ask here instead of making a new thread but can do that if needed.

My TA is on vacation so I can't ask her. I have screen saved the sale.

Total price for balcony cabin 8E was $1990.32 (2 people in Jan) we picked our cabins ..

Our rate that we were using to check ES fare viewer is $1778.

This is the price on carnival website before they add the tax/fee. ($212.32).

ES rate has been off fareviewer link for quite some time now.

Would the sale below be used to get the OBC? or reduced fare?

Can I use past guest with ES? Will it change my code from ES to past guest??

Would they upgraded me or anything as we booked this cabin special since we will be in a row with family.

carnival sale

The Best Vacation Sale - Past Guest 8E (Free Upgrade from 8A) $1698.00

thanks for any advice

As long as you are a past guest and booked the cruise ES, the Best Vacation -PG allows you to keep your cabin and receive OBC or reduction (depending if final payment was made). OBC if final payment paid, or reduction if not yet paid.

How do I know? I applied for the exact same reduction two days ago and received confirmation.

If you could help decipher this I would appreciate it as we are at lager heads with carnival.

Early saver states that for 6 day cruises and above you must book 5 months or more in advance.

If my cruise date is September 2nd what date would the 5 months have been?

Thanks

Me: How many days does a month have?

Siri: At the simplest level, all lunar calendars are based on the approximation that 2 lunations last 59 days: a 30 day full month followed by a 29 day hollow month — but this is only marginally accurate and quickly needs correction by using larger cycles, or the equivalent of leap days. One exception is the Hebrew calendar, which was calculated very precisely over a thousand years ago, based on a lunation of 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 3⅓ seconds, which differs from modern calculations by only one day in 15000 years.

Me: Do I still qualify for Early Saver Rater if my cruise is September 2nd?

Siri: I cant seem to find that answer for you. Would you like me to search the internet?

I guess we will never know...

Yes, I agree with wiskT but here is something you also should know about. With the early savor rate, you are at Carvival's mercy as to where your cabin is located because you can not pick your deck or cabin. It could be way on the lower decks or far aft or far forward. The point is the rear of the ship tends to vibrate because of the rudders. The front of the ship tends to bounce more in rouch weather. Also, you wil be farther from the dining areas, pool, etc. if you have a lousy location. If none of these things matters to you then, go for the cheap early savor booking. Look for early savor rate when booking.

On a negative note....you are mistaken about Carnival choosing your cabin with an ES rate...that is for the pack n go rates or the Guarantee rates, where you pick inside, outside or balcony and you're guaranteed that level or above and Carnival picks your exact location.

On a positive note....come on over and join our roll call for the 1/13/13 Breeze cruise....we promise we won't bite.

On a negative note....you are mistaken about Carnival choosing your cabin with an ES rate...that is for the pack n go rates or the Guarantee rates, where you pick inside, outside or balcony and you're guaranteed that level or above and Carnival picks your exact location.

On a positive note....come on over and join our roll call for the 1/13/13 Breeze cruise....we promise we won't bite.

you must have missed post #15.:)

Bill

thanks, I will try the form myself since she is away

Carnival will reject the form from you because you are booked through a TA. Is there someone else in the agency that can send in the form for you?

You do realize that someone booking early saver picks their cabin from all the available cabins, correct?

Sorry to nit pick but Carnival sometimes doesn't include certain categories in ES, no matter when you book. We booked our 8/19 Magic cruise a year in advance but the 8A cabins were never avilable under ES.

Even now there is one 9C cabin that is only available under Fun Select, not under Past Guest or any of the sale rates. The moral is, if there is a specific cabin you want, don't assume it's sold out just because you don't see it in one of the discounted rate categories.

ETA: Well, the 9C cabin is gone now, but I've been watching for a while. It was there yesterday!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Me: How many days does a month have?

Siri: At the simplest level, all lunar calendars are based on the approximation that 2 lunations last 59 days: a 30 day full month followed by a 29 day hollow month — but this is only marginally accurate and quickly needs correction by using larger cycles, or the equivalent of leap days. One exception is the Hebrew calendar, which was calculated very precisely over a thousand years ago, based on a lunation of 29 days, 12 hours, 44 minutes and 3⅓ seconds, which differs from modern calculations by only one day in 15000 years.

Me: Do I still qualify for Early Saver Rater if my cruise is September 2nd?

Siri: I cant seem to find that answer for you. Would you like me to search the internet?

I guess we will never know...

Siri's a joke. I recently told her that she's not as cool as people say she is. She replied, "That's a matter of opinion."

She's useless.

Archived