luggage direct

hypercafe

Check out Luggage Forward. They offer great service at very reasonable prices.

How can you possibly say that? Their prices are anything but reasonable. :eek:

It's convenient, yes, but prohibitively expensive.

For that kind of money, I'd want the porters to transport ME and my luggage from point to point. :rolleyes:

Check out Luggage Forward. They offer great service at very reasonable prices.

Not to be argumentative, but I was quoted $1200 for 2 suitcases from the US to Asia....is that something you would consider reasonable?

Sorry, but I do consider that reasonable compared to other luggage companies. I did not say cheap, I said reasonable. It's value for money that counts for me and if I can sail through the airport without worrying about my luggage or of it will arrive with me than I consider that money well spent. I just factor that into the price of my cruise. Of course, others may disagree but we all have priorities in life, don't we?

Just so people understand what we are talking about here:

They want $1200 so that we don't have to walk over to the luggage Carousel and point at the bags that we want the porters to carry for us.

It is a wonderful service that lends a carefree feeling to the otherwise uber- stressful airport experience, but somebody has to figure out a better way to run that particular railroad.

In addition to what was said above, it also depends on other circumstances.

If you are traveling for a couple of weeks (or more) before your cruise, you do not want to carry the extra luggage with you and would want to ship it to the cruise city hotel directly.

We will be traveling extensively this fall (in Fall/early Winter climates), in anything but "country club casual" wear before our cruise, which will take us to Israel, Egypt, Oman and Dubai. The cruise will require not only different weather clothing but also very different type of clothing vs our prior travel.

To ship a 50 lbs suitcase from US to Istanbul is $390 (with Luggage Free) - well worth it to me in my circumstances.

As always, YYMV

I used Luggage Forward last year as I picked up the Marina in Rome after an African Safari. They picked up my luggage on a Friday and it arrived to Rome before I left the U.S. $300.00 for one piece 50lbs. Would highly recommend and pay again. Great company.

Asia is far more expensive than Europe so to cite a $1200 charge in inaccurate. As others have said it's usually $300 per case to Europe. Frankly I would much rather spend my money on that than on one dinner in Privee where I get the exact same food as in Polo or Toscana. As I said we all have our priorities.

Perhaps you don't travel with as many friends as we do. I have such trouble keeping our guest list down to ten that Stan might wind up on the B list ;)

113043.jpg143119.jpg

...as you know, some people don't care for the Grand Dining Room, which is the only other option for a group that large.

Archived