What happened about the escargot?

bjm07

A while ago on this board, there was discussion about the discontinuation of escargot in the dining room. It seemed that the problem was one of supply, from what I understood.

Did the situation get resolved? Can we look forward to our much enjoyed escargot on our upcoming cruise on a Millennium class ship?

Thanks for any information.

(Hope this doesn't turn into a dress code discussion - lol.)

Regards, Barbara

I was on Solstice on May 23 mediteranian cruise. I did asked our server around day 5th and she said it was not available. But it did show up on the menu on last 3 nights for dinner. I am not sure if they offer but only limited number of nights per cruise or it available every night now.

A while ago on this board, there was discussion about the discontinuation of escargot in the dining room. It seemed that the problem was one of supply, from what I understood.

Did the situation get resolved? Can we look forward to our much enjoyed escargot on our upcoming cruise on a Millennium class ship?

Regards, Barbara

Are these the dressed or undress escargots? lol

:D:D

On Summit three weeks ago the Exec Chef said he did not expect Escargot supplies to be sufficient for them to appear on the menu each night until the Autumn but he did expect to be offering a different starter involving escargot once a cruise very soon

Also while on Summit in May, we asked the Officer in charge of ordering everything for the entire ship about the escargot "issue". Apparently the source they usually ordered escargot from has pretty much run out because of a climate and weather changes in those parts of the world. Celebrity is exploring other parts of the world to purchase escargot but until that happens they are not being offered across the board in the MDR like they used to. I suppose it's a supply & demand problem. Too much demand and too little supply = very high price.

Gail

Century May 27 - June 3rd and asked for them and was told no way. Was offered a paste of some seafood thingy that was awful... told that it was waht passengers wanted because there was more of it. :rolleyes:

We had escargot in Blu on the Equinox in May. A couple of chilled soups as well.

Do they still have the soup with the blue point oyster at the bottom? Had it in 2009, but don't recall if it was cold or warm soup.

I vaguely recall something with a blue point oyster. Sorry can't be of more help.

Thanks. I'm not sure what the name of it was on the menu, but I was pleasantly surprised to see an actual oyster at the bottom. :)

Regards, Barbara

When we were doing a Med BtoB in May, there were no escargot and we got the most awful mushroom substitute!!! I hope this gets corrected!!!!

Do you realize how long it takes to round up a herd of snails? And the drive to market can take weeks! They're not as fast as cattle, you know. And then there's the awful snail stampede!! It can go for yards before they settle down. People could get slimed! :D:D:D

Art

Do you realize how long it takes to round up a herd of snails? And the drive to market can take weeks! They're not as fast as cattle, you know. And then there's the awful snail stampede!! It can go for yards before they settle down. People could get slimed! :D:D:D

Art

OMG - Too funny:D:D:D

Well, that's it then. Maybe some.

Thanks to all for your informative and entertaining comments. We'll let you know what we find when we return July 22nd. Of course, I'm not going to tell my husband that he may not be able to have his escargot every evening. He'll just have to make do with an extra specialty coffee.

Regards to all,

Barbara

Will try to let you know of the escargot when we get back (Equinox) late July......

I know where the supply went! Back in November--I swear this is true--I went to the .99 cent store, and they had CASES (ok, 2 cases) of CANNED escargot.....So I bought 1 can....And made it w/garlic/butter......2 days later I went back to get some more cans, AND THEY WERE GONE!!!

Well, that's it then. Maybe some.

Thanks to all for your informative and entertaining comments. We'll let you know what we find when we return July 22nd. Of course, I'm not going to tell my husband that he may not be able to have his escargot every evening. He'll just have to make do with an extra specialty coffee.

Regards to all,

Barbara

We have just returned from Med on Silhouette, there was no snails for the first few nights but after that there was every night, My husband preferred the mushroom caps though!!!

Enjoy.

Jean

we just got back from a Baltic cruise on the Constellation and my two boys probably caused the escargot supply issue themselves! They were on the menu each night, so each night my boys had them. They were very delicious! I hope they left some for those on the next cruise. :) Hope you get yours as well!

Archived