What happened about the escargot?

bjm07

I am a big escargot fan and really missed them on our recent Silhouette cruise. I did get the crab stuffed mushroom caps a couple of nights. Although they can't compare with the escargot, I thought they were very tasty. I ordered them again and my husband also had them. Even though they do come in the escargot dishes, try not to compare the two and you'll enjoy the mushrooms for the delight that they are. :)

We are just off of the 6/17 Summit sailing to Bermuda and the head chef said the escargot will be available again for the 5/24 sailing. Missed it by a week!

This is wonderful news considering I leave on Summit on 7/8. I hope it holds true!

we just got back from a Baltic cruise on the Constellation and my two boys probably caused the escargot supply issue themselves! They were on the menu each night, so each night my boys had them. They were very delicious! I hope they left some for those on the next cruise. :) Hope you get yours as well!

Thanks for this good news. On the Constellation is exactly where I want those snails to be so that we can enjoy them next week!

Thank you all for the replies, especially the good news.

Regards,

Barbara

We have just returned from Med on Silhouette, there was no snails for the first few nights but after that there was every night, My husband preferred the mushroom caps though!!!

Enjoy.

Jean

Great News!!!! We are cruising on the Silhouette next week and my daughter loves escargots!!! I've been lurking on this thread waiting for someone to give an update on the "escargot situation @ the Silhouette":D:D

• 1 month later...

Just a note to confirm that during our Constellation cruise in the Baltic Sea, beginning July 4th, there were escargot on the "available every day" section of the MDR menu. We were happy to have our fill of the delicacy, tender and flavourful, as in the past. Thanks Celebrity for following through on this one!

We were on the Summit July 8 to the 15 and escargot were on the everyday menue. Just as delicious as ever. Also cold soups appeared frequently. Celebrity does listen and does listen to Cruise Critic.;)

We were on the Summit July 8 to the 15 and escargot were on the everyday menue. Just as delicious as ever. Also cold soups appeared frequently. Celebrity does listen and does listen to Cruise Critic.;)

Great for DH! How was Summit overall?

Sounds like the escargots are slowly making their way back to the dining room menus at a snail's pace!!!!

You win with one of the top posts of the week! A great one.

Pesonally, I thought escargots were not on the menu because this was their migration season and they moved in huge herds. It could get dangerous trying to pick them off...if they turned on you, you'd get slimed!

OK, not nearly as good as yours!

Den

Archived