Port Canaveral Parking Question

Linco711

I've read where parking at the port is $15.00 per day. Is that the cost for parking in the garage? I'm confused by the premium parking I've read about being $20.00 more. Can someone please clarify the location we would be parking at for the $15.00 per day..:confused:

Thanks

Just park at Park N' Cruise. Just down the street, and its cheap! http://www.parkcruise.com

I think I would be more comfortable parking in a covered garage with some security. Can someone please answer my original question on the 15.00 per day charge? What is the premium parking charge and where is that located?

I want to be sure I only pay the $15...IMO that is more than enough:)

The fee is now $20 per day, not $15. That parking is in the multi-level garage directly across the street from the terminal. I believe that's also the charge for the open-air lot that surrounds the garage, used for oversize vehicles and overflow should the garage be full.

I'm not totally familiar with the "premium" parking; the only thing I can think of is the smallish lot on the same side of the street as the terminal, near the area where you drop off your luggage. Again - not 100% sure of that. And if I'm reading it correctly on the port's webpage, it's $20 over and above the regular fee, thus $40 per day.

Off-site parking is becoming a not-so-attractive option. The Port Authority recently initiated a fee for those companies that operate shuttles to drop people off at the port; I believe I read in another thread that the fee is $50. You can bet that fee will passed on to the customers, or it will motivate the local hotels, etc., to stop offering shuttle service.

We parked at Park N Cruise. It was great. My husband dropped us off at the port and drove back to the lot...very close...and he rode the shuttle back. Then we did early debarkation at 7am, called the shuttle when we got off...and we got picked up with one other couple right away. We had been back in our car within a few minutes. Worked perfect! Only cost $5.95 a day.

We cruised late April on a 4 night cruise and they charged us for 5 days at $15 per day. It is a flat rate that is collected on arrival.

I don't think there is any premium parking. I say this because we were literally steps from the entrance and we didn't pay premium parking. The only spots closer were handicapped.

A lot of people suggest the park and fly, and it might be worth it on a longer cruise, but the port parking was well worth it for my family. With two younger kids, trying to deal with the shuttle would be a little more challenging and a lot more time consuming. On the last cruise, we carrier our luggage off and left our room at 7:20. We then got off the boat, through customs, packed the car, drove out of the port, and got on the highway at 7:39. It was by far the best disembarkation experience we have ever had.

Premium parking is on the surface lot directly across from the luggage drop off. You drive right up and walk just a few spaces to the terminal, and when you return you have "priority" in leaving the parking area. Very convenient.

We cruised late April on a 4 night cruise and they charged us for 5 days at $15 per day. It is a flat rate that is collected on arrival.

I don't think there is any premium parking. I say this because we were literally steps from the entrance and we didn't pay premium parking. The only spots closer were handicapped.

The parking is now $20 per day, and it is collected when you leave the parking garage. It has been that way since they opened the parking garage; we cruised twice in 2011 and paid on departure. You take a ticket when entering the garage or lot and pay when you leave.

There IS "premium parking" - - an open-air lot directly across from the porters.

From the Port Canaveral website:

Whether you park in one of our terminal lots or parking garages, the rate* for the following cruises are: 3-day, $60; 4-day, $75; 5-day, $90, and 7-day, $120 for vehicles up to 20 feet in length. For vehicles longer than 20 feet, the rates are $104, $130, $156 and $208 respectively.

Preferred Parking is offered at Cruise Terminal 8 and is located right next to the terminal, the rate is $20.00 more than the standard parking rates, regardless of cruise length.

*Rates are subject to change without notice. Contact the Canaveral Port Authority at 321-783-7831 for the latest information.

DISABLED PARKING spaces are available and the fee is waived for vehicles that have special equipment, such as ramps, lifts, foot or hand controls; or display the Florida Toll Exemption permit. Call 800-983-2435, extension 2 to apply for an exemption form.

Note: "Cruise Terminal 8" mentioned is the DCL terminal.

Parking is $15/day, with both your in and out days as counting as one day. So previously a 3-night cruise was $45, but is now $60 (a friend who cruised on a 3-night sailing in February confirmed this). On our 5-night cruise back in May we paid $90 (Wed-Mon at $15/each of those days). Regarding some previous postings about this, if it were $20/day, we would have paid $100 or $120 depending on which way you calculate it, which we most certainly did not.

Copied directly from DCL's website ~

Parking

The parking facility is staffed from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for Guests parking their vehicles prior to embarking the ship. The parking lot and garage are paved, gated and under 24-hour surveillance.

Parking fees are charged when Guests depart the parking facility instead of upon entry. Parking attendants will provide a hang tag to the Guests upon entry of the parking facility. At the end of the cruise, Guests will present the hang tag to the parking attendant and pay the parking fees at that time.

Guests are charged for every day their vehicle is in the lot/garage, which includes the day of arrival and the day of departure from the cruise.

Parking costs are based on cruise itinerary. See below:

• $60.00 per parking space for the 3-night cruise
  • $75.00 per parking space for the 4-night cruise
  • $90.00 per parking space for the 5-night cruise
  • $105.00 per parking space for the 6-night cruise
  • $120.00 per parking space for the 7-night cruise

If the Guest's vehicle takes up more than one parking space (i.e. RV, trailer), the guest is charged $15.00 per additional parking space per day.

Preferred parking is also available for $25.00 per day. The preferred parking area is located inside the secured area, next to the vehicle dropoff area.

Guests enter via the car gate, drop off their luggage and then make a left turn in to the preferred parking area. There are total of 113 spaces, including 6 accessible spaces. Parking in the preferred area is on a first-come, first-served basis. Due to the size of the lot, there is no over-sized vehicle parking available in the preferred parking area.

The Port Canaveral Port Authority operates the parking facility. Cash, Visa and MasterCard are the only acceptable forms of payment. Personal checks are not accepted.

Rates are subject to change without notice.

:cool:

Archived