Chocolate breakfast

On an older thread of another ship (Explorer - 6/23/2011), a statement was made in reference to a chocolate breakfast on the Oasis. Is this fact or fiction? Also if fact, please give a few examples of the luscious offerings. I don't really like chocolate unless paired with nuts. SOOOO, I'm getting my hopes up. Thanks in advance for responses!!

On an older thread of another ship (Explorer - 6/23/2011), a statement was made in reference to a chocolate breakfast on the Oasis. Is this fact or fiction? Also if fact, please give a few examples of the luscious offerings. I don't really like chocolate unless paired with nuts. SOOOO, I'm getting my hopes up. Thanks in advance for responses!!

I've seen a menu posted on here, so there should be information out there. It was a Chocolate Breakfast that had like chocolate chip pancakes, etc. on it. Hopefully someone can repost it.

Chocolate, yes. Luscious, no. The most "chocolate" items are the pastries (there is a wonderful chocolate banana bread). But the rest of the items are just barely chocolate - frozen toaster-type waffles with thin chocolate syrup drizzled on them, etc. To me, the idea was better than the reality. I would go again just for the banana bread, but order from the regular menu.

Chocolate, yes. Luscious, no. The most "chocolate" items are the pastries (there is a wonderful chocolate banana bread). But the rest of the items are just barely chocolate - frozen toaster-type waffles with thin chocolate syrup drizzled on them, etc. To me, the idea was better than the reality. I would go again just for the banana bread, but order from the regular menu.

The banana bread and the croissant might be "try it" items. Now if I could just get a cup of pecans or walnuts...MMMMM

I too was anxious for the chocolate breakfast but was quite disappointed. The banana nut bread was chocolate, but most other items were as another writer described- regular pancakes with a thin drizzle of chocolate syrup (which was quickly diluted by the maple syrup) and plain croissants with the same thin drizzle. If you are a true chocolate lover and are looking for innovative ways to serve a chocolate breakfast, do not use this as a guide. Other foods I enjoyed- just thought this did not live up to its' name.

The Chocolate Parfait is very good. Rather rich (especially for breakfast) but never the less, good.:D

Don't forget that hot chocolate & (cold) chocolate milk are available everyday. Just ask for it.

Yes - we had this on the Oasis in May - and it is the same from the photo of the menu that someone posted.

The choc. banana bread was just ok - did not really have a banana flavor, but the other choc. pastries were good.

My husband had the choc. pancakes and he loved them.

Archived