Which organizer is best?

It's just two of us cruising, and we've never felt the need for the organizer. I read that hint lots of times on CC before our first cruise, but never got one, and have always had plenty of space for all our stuff. Use the weight and space in your luggage for something else! And have a wonderful time on your first cruise!

Okay! Organizer I have weighs next to nothing. Takes up no more room than all the stuff that's packed into it. Cost no where near $20.00.

It's not about the space. Most agree there is enough room for everything in the bathroom. It is about being organized, convenience, and saving time.

It really is very simple ... or so I thought.

It depends on which ship you're sailing on... I was on Inspiration and Sensation, both have a pedestal sink in the inside and OV cabins I was in (in other words, no counter space to speak of). There was no medicine cabinet above the sink, just a few mini-shelves. If I hadn't had my organizer we would have killed each other!

So NeedaBreak, until you are sure about what the bathroom in YOUR cabin is like, I'd consider bringing the organizer. I've used mine on 3 separate cruises and it really helps with packing on both ends of the trip.

It depends on which ship you're sailing on... I was on Inspiration and Sensation, both have a pedestal sink in the inside and OV cabins I was in (in other words, no counter space to speak of). There was no medicine cabinet above the sink, just a few mini-shelves. If I hadn't had my organizer we would have killed each other!

So NeedaBreak, until you are sure about what the bathroom in YOUR cabin is like, I'd consider bringing the organizer. I've used mine on 3 separate cruises and it really helps with packing on both ends of the trip.

I agree with this. We are cruising on the Elation next month I know it has the pedestal sink and I know that between hubby and I there's not enough room on those shelves. I'll have my organizer for all that "girlie" makeup etc that adds up. Plus, with age has come daily medications and I like having the whole bottle with me with all the pertinent info on the label.

I've found that packing "like things" together in gallon zip locks works for. I have one with skin stuff... sanitizer, sunscreen, bug repellant etc; one with first aid stuff; one with meds; one with vitamins; you get the idea. Sometimes there's a big shelf under the sink and they all go there.

I put shore excursion stuff in the lowest drawer: sunhats, umbrellas, lightweight sling bag/shoulder pack, binoculars, spare empty water bottles.

I don't think I"d like to be rubbing into the shoe organizer all the time if it's in the "dressing" area between the bathroom door and the closets. We have enough trouble getting past each other while getting dressed.

If the shoe organizer hangs inside the bathroom that may be easier than outside the door - ?

I"ll have to think about the shoe organizer for our next cruise because we'll be on board 7 weeks! Always willing to learn :) m--

Just got back from our cruise in June and we had PLENTY of room for the three of us, my wife and my teen son. The bathroom had plenty of storage and there was more then enough storage as under the 3rd bed or couch there were 2 large drawers. So there is no real need to lug extra stuff you will end up tossing out anyway, buy those drinks and have FUN!

Just got back from our cruise in June and we had PLENTY of room for the three of us, my wife and my teen son. The bathroom had plenty of storage and there was more then enough storage as under the 3rd bed or couch there were 2 large drawers. So there is no real need to lug extra stuff you will end up tossing out anyway, buy those drinks and have FUN!

We're talking primarily about toiletries and makeup, which IMO needs to be in the bathroom, not in a suitcase under the bed in the other room! And not all bathrooms on the ships are the same. My. Last two had very little counter space and no cabinet for storage. Without an organizer a lot of my stuff would have been in a bag on the floor of the bathroom.

I have read this piece of advice many times on here and after 5 Carnival cruises I still for the life of me cannot figure out why on earth you would need one for 2 people. There is plenty of storage in the bathroom and cabin in general. We're both in our early 30's and travel with what I think is a lot of toiletries and have plenty of room in the bathroom without the shoe organizer.

My advise is to not bother and use the weight for another few shirts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I agree completely with you, Waterloomarc.

There is plenty of storage space with 3 small shelves on each side for bathroom mirror plus plenty of drawers in desk/dresser, and all shelves in one closet + 2 more closets for clothes.

Again?! It's NOT about having room in the cabin.

Exactly.

To me it's about being organized and minimizing as much clutter as possible :) And being able to get stuff easily - my brush goes in one pocket, hairspray in another, hair ties in another - all visible (because mine is clear plastic), nice & convenient. This could all fit in a drawer, but i'd rather be able to just reach and grab.

Something funny about mine is that one time on a VERY small ship, we upgraded to a suite, but believe it or not, there were NO drawers. My daughter and I used the bottom row of the organizer for our underwear!:p

I do use a small toiletries organizer to hang my toiletries in the bathroom if I'm sailing on a Fantasy class ship. This isn't the "over the door shoe organizer" that with big pockets that hold all sorts of stuff, from ipods to combs and brushes to -- shoes! Whether you use a hanging organizer or smaller cosmetic bags, you do need something to hold toothbrush and toothpaste and all of those other bathroom items.

Exactly.

To me it's about being organized and minimizing as much clutter as possible :) And being able to get stuff easily - my brush goes in one pocket, hairspray in another, hair ties in another - all visible (because mine is clear plastic), nice & convenient. This could all fit in a drawer, but i'd rather be able to just reach and grab.

Something funny about mine is that one time on a VERY small ship, we upgraded to a suite, but believe it or not, there were NO drawers. My daughter and I used the bottom row of the organizer for our underwear!:p

YES! YES! AND YES!!! Some of these posters really should READ the posts. What you/we've said has been said over, and over, and yet they're not getting it!

Let them unpack all the little stuff and then repack it. You, I and a few others will have it all together, ready to go.

It's so uncomplicated, or so I thought. This thread wears me out.:(

I do use a small toiletries organizer to hang my toiletries in the bathroom if I'm sailing on a Fantasy class ship. This isn't the "over the door shoe organizer" that with big pockets that hold all sorts of stuff, from ipods to combs and brushes to -- shoes! Whether you use a hanging organizer or smaller cosmetic bags, you do need something to hold toothbrush and toothpaste and all of those other bathroom items.

Another 'getter'. ;)

With some of those bathroom counters being so tiny, I even purchased the suction cup toothbrush holders for all of us. We all suction our toothbrushes to the mirror. Funny part is they're designed for kids...so my daughter enjoyed it when I gave my husband the choice of the green dinosaur or yellow turtle :)

Archived