Excursions Questions

frostypenguin

Hello, Sorry for all the newbies questions, but has anyone had experiences with these excursions on Princess in Alaska? This is our first time in Alaska and we are trying to get in as much as possible. Thanks !

Juneau

• Gold Panning or Historic Gold Pan tour?
  • Rainforest Garden Adventure - one person in our group is afraid of heights?
  • Photo Safari?

Skagway

• Chilkoot Freshwater Fishing

Ketchikan

• Rainforest Wildlife Santuary
  • Harley Bike Tour
  • Best of Ketichan by Land and Sea
  • Ketchikan Sports Fishing

Buchart Gardens

• Wine & Chocolate or Regular Tour

I would not makes plans for a group if there are varied interests. Glacier Gardens is via gulf carts, and the area is hilly. Photo safari is new- but photo opportunities are endless in Alaska, you hardly need a tour for it???

Skagway- fishing isn't the forte?? Not sure where this fishing is???

Ketchikan- no great reviews on the Rain forest, Harley ride is only covering about 25 miles of the Ketchkan roads- twice- going back and forth. Fishing is the highlight here- fishing capital. :)

Victoria- I would concentrate my time on the gardens- just excellent. :)

Hello, Sorry for all the newbies questions, but has anyone had experiences with these excursions on Princess in Alaska? This is our first time in Alaska and we are trying to get in as much as possible. Thanks !

Juneau

• Gold Panning or Historic Gold Pan tour?
  • Rainforest Garden Adventure - one person in our group is afraid of heights?
  • Photo Safari?

Skagway

• Chilkoot Freshwater Fishing

Ketchikan

• Rainforest Wildlife Santuary
  • Harley Bike Tour
  • Best of Ketichan by Land and Sea
  • Ketchikan Sports Fishing

Buchart Gardens

• Wine & Chocolate or Regular Tour

Do you want to plan all your tours thru the cruise line (many do, others do all themselves.. just whatever suits your budget and interests).

Juneau: IMHO the gold pan tour wouldn't appeal to a lot of people and if your group wants to stay together you may have to compromise.. I had groups that did and groups that didn't when I was a TA. It woudl be a shame to miss either the whale watching OR glacier helicopter tour in Juneau but if the tours you list are options you have narrowed to and the only ones you are considering I'd to the photo safari.... but if only one person doesn't want to fly maybe see if there is something tht interests them?

Skagway: Not a fishing person and would do this in Ketchikan but if this is what the group wants this is good option. So so much to do in Skagway .. is this going to take up majority of your call? The rangers offer free walking tours on the hour and there is just a lot to explore there.

Ketchikan: Fishing again?:) Again, if you have definitely narrowed down to just these choices Harley tour or fishing but, again, a lot to do here.

Most of our June group is doing just the "regular" Garden tour at dusk in Victoria.. IMHO that's what you are there for. you can get the chocolate and wine on the ship!

Archived