Boarding time in Venice

jmkennett

Hi. When overnighting at the beginning of the cruise, in my case Venice, what time is the "boarding time" on the day of sailing? The first day is an overnight and day two we sail at 2P. So, is it the normal 1/2 hour (1:30), an hour, 90 minutes, etc. beforehand? Obviously, the safety drill needs to happen in that time as well and they need everyone back for that. Trying to plan my morning. Ship Services, no matter which way I asked the question, was confused by what I was asking and couldn't give me an answer. Thanks!

I suspect the safety drill will take place your first afternoon even though you are overnighting in Venice. If that is so, all-aboard would normally be 30 minutes prior to sailing the next day.

I don't remember, but the Cruise Log says the lifeboat drill was at 4:15 on sailing day, so I'm guessing the on-board time was 4:00. The time stamps on our pictures show we were back on by 2:30.

We just returned from Venice to Venice ports and departure was at 2:00 and we had to be back on ship for 1:30. The drill took place at 1:30 so you need to be back before then. We had an HAL tour and was back in plenty of time.

When we did the Venice overnight - as long as you had previously checked in you needed to be on board 1/2 hour before departure as per the norm. Of course, you will need to check this when you get on board. But you can plan your morning very safely:)

Archived