ANCHORAGE - what to do after 5 PM?

AZ Deb

We will be dropping off our traveling companions at the airport for their 5 p.m. flight on Wed. 7/25, but our flight doesn't leave until nearly 2 a.m. We'll have a rental car, which we plan to return around 11 p.m. or midnight. Any suggestions for interesting/fun things to do in Anchorage in the evening/late evening? THANKS!

Deborah

Make sure you are at the airport no less than 2.5 hours before your flight is scheduled to leave, even with a 2:00 a.m. departure. Checking in and clearing security can take a long time.

We will be dropping off our traveling companions at the airport for their 5 p.m. flight on Wed. 7/25, but our flight doesn't leave until nearly 2 a.m. We'll have a rental car, which we plan to return around 11 p.m. or midnight. Any suggestions for interesting/fun things to do in Anchorage in the evening/late evening? THANKS!

Deborah

I would drive up to Eklutna exit just North of Anchorage and visit the Spirit Houses and see the Russian influence. From there I would then continue on to Hatcher's Pass mine outside of Palmer. This would make a wonderful roadtrip for your evening. Google spirit houses and Hatcher's Pass for more info.

Archived