second cruise

Sealine

In May we made our first cruise, with ms Rotterdam to the northern Norwegian fjords. Everything was perfect on that cruise. I would know nothing what wasn't perfect. We did all the things we liked on board and Norway was fantastic.

Now we booked for next years cruise to the southern Norwegian fjords.

How keep experienced cruisers their head fresh so they have each cruise again the perfect first time experience and not comparing too much with the perfect first time?

We have been on 5 cruises and are planning our 6th crise in January. We have enjoyed each one. The first one is and always be special because it was the first one. I'm sure you will enjoy your second cruise very much.

Linda

We are seasoned HAL cruisers. We just returned from taking our friend on her first cruise on Princess. We promised ourselves we would not make any comparisons, but that went out the window the first night. We couldn't help comparing the food, the amenities, so many things...

(PS, in case you wondered, HAL is superior in so many ways)

Each cruise is different in its own way, but we haven't had a bad experience yet and have loved them all. You learn to roll with the punches if there are minor annoyances because "ship happens". :D And just be thankful you are able to cruise because the good far outweighs any small inconveniences you may have.

I can honestly say I don't remember anything ever happening that ruined our day, much less the whole cruise.

Enjoy your 2nd cruise! I would love to do that itinerary some day.

For us each cruise is different. We have been on nearly 50 and make no comparisons. We have enjoyed them all. Roll with the punches as sometimes little annoyances can occur but try not to let them mar your experience. Enjoy your second and many more for you, I hope.

Our first cruise was not our best, although we enjoyed it a lot, so it's possible that your second will be even better than the first.

Along the lines of what Pathfinderess just said, don't try to micro-plan everything, but just go with the flow. Too much planning can lead to disappointment if things don't go as you wanted/expected in some instances.

In May we made our first cruise, with ms Rotterdam to the northern Norwegian fjords. Everything was perfect on that cruise. I would know nothing what wasn't perfect. We did all the things we liked on board and Norway was fantastic.

Now we booked for next years cruise to the southern Norwegian fjords.

How keep experienced cruisers their head fresh so they have each cruise again the perfect first time experience and not comparing too much with the perfect first time?

I think that's a piece of cake, YOUR attitude is based on the enjoyable time that YOU had -the ADVENTURE. Cruising is just that. We have 700 plus days on HAL [ and have sampled other lines happily] and I look with GREAT anticipation on EVERY cruise we take and it's NEVER been "broken"...

Bad weather? a few times. Not the BEST tablemates?- once I believe. Our room/bed? We sleep like BABIES at sea! Adventures? EVERY cruise..........

How to you look at all these years and all these days? Humbily........;)

Archived