Please help plan my days!

emen822

I'm going to Bermuda on a cruise this Saturday with my two sisters.

Since I am the 'planner' of the group, they are looking for me to figure out good places to go. And since I've never been to Bermuda before, I'm getting a bit frazzled. :eek:

So here are my questions:

If you were able to have one full beach day, which beach would you pick?

We get to Bermuda on Monday. Should we take the ferry to St. George since that is the furthest part of the island. Go to Tobacco Bay and maybe lunch at Swizzle Inn or Hog and Penny? (I may have that name wrong and it might not even be in that area:confused:).

I would like to go to Horseshoe Bay as well so I'm confused as to whether we should do St. George on the first day or even at all. Someone told me that if I'm not really interested in history, that a trip to St. George isn't worth it. True?

We leave Bermuda on Tuesday around 4:00 (have to check that to be sure) so I don't want to do anything too far but would love some beach time. How long would the bus take from Horseshoe back to the ship?

Of course is the weather isn't great, we are thinking of doing the caves.

Does this sound doable? Good plan? Or am I all over the place? :o:p

I have read a lot of posts and I feel like I'm still just as confused! Suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance. :)

Mary

If I had one full day at a beach it would be Horseshoe Bay Beach.

Keith

Thanks. I really want to go there. I just figured if we wanted to fit two beaches in, we should go to the furthest one. Maybe we will do one full beach day, and the half day shopping/sightseeing. :)

I like your plans except for the last day. We did take the ferry to St. George and also went to Tobacco Bay, then took bus to Swizzle Inn. After eating walked across the street to a Ice Cream Shoppe.:) Took bus into Hamilton did a little shopping and took bus to Dockyard.

Day 2 took Beach Bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach, just gorgeous. :)

Day 3 We took in the sights and shops of the dockyard. The Maritime and Fort Museum was interesting. Stopped to see the dolphins and then lunch at Frog & Onion. Went to the Glass Blowing Factory and bought some Christmas ornaments . Finally some more shopping at the indoor mall then back to ship for sail away party.

Have fun !:)

I like your plans except for the last day. We did take the ferry to St. George and also went to Tobacco Bay, then took bus to Swizzle Inn. After eating walked across the street to a Ice Cream Shoppe.:) Took bus into Hamilton did a little shopping and took bus to Dockyard.

Day 2 took Beach Bus to Horseshoe Bay Beach, just gorgeous. :)

Day 3 We took in the sights and shops of the dockyard. The Maritime and Fort Museum was interesting. Stopped to see the dolphins and then lunch at Frog & Onion. Went to the Glass Blowing Factory and bought some Christmas ornaments . Finally some more shopping at the indoor mall then back to ship for sail away party.

Have fun !:)

Thanks. Unfortunately for us, we are only in Bermuda for a day and a half :( so we want to make the most of the full day. Which beach did you prefer - Tobacco Bay or Horseshoe - if you could only pick one :)?

Which ship are you on and what time do you arrive in Bermuda? Check out Bermuda's cruise calendar to see how many ships would be in port. Which ever day you chose to go to Horseshoe, get there as early as possible to beat the crowds. Our last cruise to Bermuda we were only able to get to Tobacco Bay because we had a wheelchair bound person with us and Horseshoe isn't w/c friendly. THIS cruise I can't wait to go to Horseshoe!!

Now that I checked out this website for you, I realize that I have miscalculated just how many ships are in when I arrive in Bermuda....:mad:

http://www.marineandports.bm/Img/downloads/BMOC/Cruiseship%20Schedule%202012.pdf

Thank you for that link. We are on the Explorer. As far as I can tell, there will be one other ship with us on Monday, and 3 total on Tuesday.

I think Horseshoe is one we definitely want to see. I just hope it won't be that crowded. :eek:

Now can anyone recommend a place to eat near Horseshoe? :D

I would do Horseshoe over Tobacco Bay. It will be crowded at the entrance to Horseshoe Beach but if you can just walk down the beach and you will have plenty of open space.

Walk further down the beach in and around the rocks and you will be amazed how beautiful this quiet area is.

We were just on the Explorer a few weeks ago. We took the ferry to St. George the 1st day and then a bus to the caves. After that we were going to go back to St. George and hit Tabacco Bay but decided on Warwick Bay (just down from Horseshoe Bay) instead.

We then got a bus back to the ship, had dinner at Windjammers and went back out off for Destination Dockyard (every Monday night) to shop and listen to some music.

On day 2 my daughter and I went horseback riding and were then going to take the bus into Hamilton for a bit and ferry back but she wasn't feeling well so we just went back to the ship.

On the 2nd day you need to be back onboard at 3:30 island time. If you're an early riser you could easily go to Horseshoe Bay on the 2nd day for the morning and get back in plenty of time.

Archived