Please get out your Crystal Balls for this Bermuda question....lol

irisheileen

I know, I know, no one can predict the future, but, help me guess this one with your past experience please.

We are taking the Veendam arriving into Bermuda on Tuesday, leaving Friday. I had originally checked the Cruise Schedule: http://www.marineandports.bm/Img/downloads/BMOC/Cruiseship%20Schedule%202012.pdf and figured that the Veendam was the only ship in Bermuda on the first day, Tuesday. Wrong. I'd like to visit HSB when the least amount of cruisers MIGHT be going. If you had to guess the patterns of of which day most cruisers would go to HSB, which day would you think would be our best bet?

Here are the ships in port for our week:

Monday NCL...RCCL

Tuesday HAL arrives...NCL leaves at 5...RCCL leaves at 4

Wed HAL...Celebrity arrives

Thursday HAL...Celebrity

Friday HAL leaves noon...Celebrity 430

So, if you had to guess, which day would be the best day for us to go to HSB? Our 1st day which is the other 2 ships last day?

Thanks!

Saturday.
The veendam won't still be in Bermuda on Saturday. Friday, you only have half a day. We went Wednesday and it was crowded, but as stated, you can walk down and find a spot.Thursday would be good too. I agree with Sheila.

Hi Irisheileen. Please forgive my ignorance, but what does HSB stand for? Horseshoe Bay Beach? Anyway, I think the weather is a big factor affecting just about any site in Bermuda. If rain is in the forecast, people head towards indoor attractions and avoid the beach.

Just based on the port schedule you posted above, I'd guess there would be less cruisers in Bermuda on Tuesday afternoon. Regards, -S.

Hi Irisheileen. Please forgive my ignorance, but what does HSB stand for? Horseshoe Bay Beach? Anyway, I think the weather is a big factor affecting just about any site in Bermuda. If rain is in the forecast, people head towards indoor attractions and avoid the beach.

Just based on the port schedule you posted above, I'd guess there would be less cruisers in Bermuda on Tuesday afternoon. Regards, -S.

Yes, sorry for shorthand. You are thinking Tuesday because it's the last day for the other two ships and their pax probably will have already been to Horseshoe?

We're also cruising to Bermuda and weather permitting, felt that Tuesday will be our day at HSB. Two years ago when we were on the Summit, we noticed that more people seemed to stay in the Dockyards and used Snorkel Beach that last day in port. Although this is not a very scientific survey (and I am reminded of this flaw since DH is a math teacher), we thought there would less crowds at HSB on the day the other two leave. By the time we get there, we are hoping everyone else would be packing up!

BTW, don't know if you ever tried Elbow Beach. We really enjoyed it on our last visit and didn't run into much of a crowd.

Yes, sorry for shorthand. You are thinking Tuesday because it's the last day for the other two ships and their pax probably will have already been to Horseshoe?

:) I'm thinking the passengers on other ships will be heading back for lunch and to watch the sailaway. Also, if you plan to go to Horseshoe Bay on your first day in Bermuda, and for whatever reason, your plan changes, you still have the following two days. Personally, I prefer the beach later in the day on any day. As Cole Porter put it (in part):

In tropical climes there are certain times of day

When all the citizens retire,

to tear their clothes off and perspire.

It's one of those rules that the biggest fools obey,

Because the sun is much too sultry and one must avoid

its ultry-violet ray --

Papalaka-papalaka-papalaka-boo. (Repeat)

Digariga-digariga-digariga-doo. (Repeat)

The natives grieve when the white men leave their huts,

Because they're obviously, absolutely nuts --

Source http://www.traditionalmusic.co.uk/folk-song-lyrics/Mad_Dogs_and_Englishmen.htm

Cheers,

Salacia

We were in Bermuda in early June. We went to HSB multiple days. We also went on Friday morning. No reason you can't. We took cab both ways. We got to the beach at 8am left at 10:45am. Had plenty of time and the beach was empty untill we were almost ready to go home

That is a good idea.

Archived