Jewel or Caribbean Princess?

FLUFFLULA

Which is the better cruise to Canada/New England for a retired but active couple in their early 60's, Jewel of the Seas or Caribbean Princess? We've been on several RCI cruises and like the line, and did one Princess to Alaska and enjoyed it. Thanks for any recommendations.:)

We've been on both ships. I would say I slightly prefer Caribbean Princess - definately if sailing without children. I think the food is superior. Service was great on both and the buffet layout was very good the Jewel. However, Princess would get my vote due to overall ambiance, cabin layout, and Movies Under the Stars - love it!

I've been on both ships as well, and vastly prefer the Jewel of the Seas.

To me, the Caribbean Princess often seemed crowded; the layout of the ship is such that there were "traffic jams" in some areas at certain times of day, especially the before/after dinner and before/after shows. After my sailing, I learned that an additional deck of cabins had been added to her during construction, with no additional "public space" added. And I am not at all a fan of the big screen on the pool deck. It's on all day, not just used for Movies Under The Stars, and I found that obnoxious. You could hear it from quite a distance away on the pool deck, made it harder to find a nice quiet spot to relax.

Jewel is a little smaller, and has a lot of glass. You can see the sea often from many places within the ship. She's my favorite in the RCCL fleet - I'll be sailing her for the third time later this year.

Archived