What exactly is a bar set-up?

jasbo49

I've heard people refer to a bar set-up, but haven't really seen what they consist of, how much they cost and how to order them. Can anyone help me?

If it makes a difference, I'd probably be fine with a modest whiskey (say a Jim Beam) and some gin and tonic fixings (Beefeaters). I guess it's something you have to order in advance, but I sure haven't seen in on the cruise lines' sites.

Jim

Be aware that some set ups are complimentary while others are not.

On some ships where it is complimentary it might just be one bottle of spirits of your choosing and one or two bottles of wine.

On ships were there is a charge it might be more like a mini bar setup with small bottles.

Keith

On Celebrity it was a bottle of gin, a box of nuts, and a six pack of mixer. I ordered it before departure and I ordered a second one half way through the cruise by asking at the front desk.

Thanks. Any recollection how much it was? I'm trying to see whether I can "go straight" and not try to sneak some on board. I'd like to play within the rules, but it'll be easier if it doesn't break the bank.

Jim

Archived