I want to take a last minute cruise - suggestions?

I have a very flexible schedule and looking to take a last minute cruise with my family. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the best deal at the very last minute? Too many adds, looking for first hand knowledge.

Superdave. Build a relationship with a Trave Agent. They get faxes all the time with special pricing. If the TA thinks that you are a serious potential client they will keep you in mind for the cruises that fit your taste and comfort level.

There are some on line sites that will add you to a list and when they get last minute pricing deals they will send you an e-mail. Also if you sign up to recieve offers through the cruise lines they will send you last minute deals themselves.

Since they made the new pricing rules everyone should be about the same price for a specific cruise. (Just check two or three sources to make sure someone isn't overpricing which they can still do.)

If you are looking int a last minute cruise right now then I would just do what I normally do when booking a cruise. I look up the prices for cruise places, ships and times that I am interested in and see which ones are the best priced for that time period.

superdave, e-mails are good way to find out about last minute cruises, also web sites you can find on cruise critic.

we have found it's hard to book for a family (two rooms or more) but, if you are flexible, you can usually get one room at a great price ... except around spring break or the holidays.

I thank you all for the input. Any website better than others in sending emails to and from? I was looking for a website that I could book that sailed within 2 days or so. Can you even do that? I know there are documents that you usually have to get.

superdave -- we're having a hard time answering your question because the "rules" of posting here on cruise critic do not allow us to name a travel agent/specific agent website.

So, here is my cryptic response: try checking out the "last minute deals" section of one of the travel agents who advertise on the cruise critic web site (on the home page, I beleive the menu bar reads "find a cruise"). Or try RCCL directly.

I am not sure what you'd need to do to sail in 2 days time...definitely a question to pose to RCCL.

I think the ship has to have its manifest turned in (to customs & immigration?? Coast Guard?? anyone can correct me) 72 hours in advance.

It does sound like fun, I would love to only have a 3 day notice that I'm going to embark on a cruise! Make sure you have all your documentation (birth certificates/ drivers license, or better yet, a passport) ready before you book. We keep our toiletry bag packed all the time, I just refill it when we get home. We could be ready to go with a couple of hours notice.

a little over a month agao we decided to surprise my parents with a cruise on teh mariner ( we live here at the port ) we decided on sat urday to do this we called and they were on the boat the next day.... they got a pretty good deal npt awesome but it was better than posted... they even had a great choice of staterooms and were able to get a hump cabin on deck 8..... I was so jealous that we could not go..... so ca;; rccl directly they has my parents on in less than 24 hours... we expected at least a week but they were like how about tomorrw

Archived