Bigger Bathrobes

bunchesofun

On JH's blog he says that he is really going to push to have XXXL bathrobes available on the ships. I for one would be very grateful, as I have never been able to use the robes as they are too small. As he says, One Size Does Not Fit All.

Ok, i'm going to put myself out there and say that as a big girl, i'd be happy with larger bathrobes. I mean, it's not so important that i'm going to throw a tantrum about it (which is how most people on John's blog operate) - but it would be nice.

* sits and waits (weights - ha ha) for the snarky comments*

Ok, i'm going to put myself out there and say that as a big girl, i'd be happy with larger bathrobes. I mean, it's not so important that i'm going to throw a tantrum about it (which is how most people on John's blog operate) - but it would be nice.

I am not going to be snarky....but why not bring your own...is it such a big deal?

I too, would love larger robes. There always very snug on me, and that isn't comfortable. Bringing your own is not an option, they take up a load of room. I do bring a caftan that serves as both a robe and a swimsuit coverup.

DH would love one too, he's not big or tall, but that tummy.. lol can't even close a robe. Yes, I know, diet and exercise.. I'll get started right now.. :p

Seriously??

Like that doesn't happen here? That is hilarious!!

:D

I tried the Carnival robe once, it fit just fine but they are too heavy for my taste.

I have a summery robe of my own that I bring instead. It's very lightweight and doesn't take up much room when packed. And I know it's clean. ;)

The bathrobes they have now don't fit hardly anyone. I'm 5 foot tall and they are so big, I can't wear them. I roll up the sleeves, but they don't stay and get into everything. You can't wrap them around enough to cover the front without the sleeves pulling.

There is just something about the cut of the robe that doesn't fit anyone. There must be a better way. I also agree they are too heavy, especially for a cruise ship that mostly operates in warm weather.

I am not going to be snarky....but why not bring your own...is it such a big deal?

Apparently it is. ;)

The robes fit me fine, but I don't like them. They are TOO heavy. As another said, I use my beach coverup. Men could bring their own. It doesn't have to be a bulky type, or how about one of those wraps,around the hip, things.

Apparently it is. ;)

The robes fit me fine, but I don't like them. They are TOO heavy. As another said, I use my beach coverup. Men could bring their own. It doesn't have to be a bulky type, or how about one of those wraps,around the hip, things.

Yeah, I just did not get this. If you are XXXXLG., how would you expect them to have this size? If you wear a robe at home, and you know that you are a special size, then bring it with you.

I am not a special size, like you Gran3 and ALSO find the robes too heavy and bring my own light weight one. :)

Yeah, I just did not get this. If you are XXXXLG., how would you expect them to have this size? If you wear a robe at home, and you know that you are a special size, then bring it with you.

I am not a special size, like you Gran3 and ALSO find the robes too heavy and bring my own light weight one. :)

For starters, if you are flying in, a larger size bathrobe would take up most of one suitcase. At 25-50 bucks a crack for luggage, you would pay more to pack the suitcase than what the robe is worth.

There are very lightweight robes. Even with a large size, I don't see it taking up a whole suitcase, ... of any size.

For sure though a large sized robe similiar to what CCL uses would take up an enormous (no pun intended) amount of room.

Well I hope there's some mechanism to choose the size and we all just don't get the ginormous ones. The ones that are there now are already a little on the large size. At least it since I only cruise a few times a year this won't be as annoying as going out to dinner at home and being stuck in a booth where the table is 2' away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My husband thought he was being romantic by ordering 2 robes to be waiting in our room- I saw it as a waste of money. I only got one of them out of the package so as not to make him feel bad. Then I asked him how we were going to get them home, seeing as we only had 2 suitcases and they came from home FULL. Somehow I managed to get everything in the suitcases, although I did have to sit on the one with the robes to get it zipped. I hate to say that the one robe is STILL in the package (we have been home 7 weeks) and I haven't touched the one that is out of the package.

Seriously??

Like that doesn't happen here? That is hilarious!!

:D

*SIGH*

What does Cruise Critic have to do with it? I'm specifically commenting on John's blog -where he posted it to begin with. And yes, people do throw tantrums there - it's always gimme gimme gimme.

How long will you be in the robes for the day? Wow, the things people will stress over!

Where did you read that people are stressing? Both myself and the OP said it was no big deal, but it would be nice.

Reading comprehension is your friend!

Archived