iPad and on board wifi

kbarnum

Has any one had any experience using their iPad on a carnival ships wifi network? We are leaving tomorrow and was wondering if it was possible and if it is worth it. We are going to Cozumel, roatan, and grand cayman. Are there any recommendations on land based wifi in those ports?

Absolutely NOT worth it to me. I wait until I hit the ports. Right across almost from the Cozumel port you will see a tallish bldg with red on the front and it says I95, and right inside is the internet cafe I use with my tablet. $3 for a hour, $5 for 2 hours.. I think. I bought 5 hours, time is good for 6 months. (I cruise more than once in 6 months to cozumel)

You can also buy time in 3 ports there, but its Ocho Rios and we went to Montego Bay.

Onboard prices start at 75 cents PER MINUTE PLUS $4.95 SET UP, and its like dial up. Wait until you hit a port.

I take my tablet. Why not.. its not that expensive. I figure I get $5 of enjoyment for it and catch up on my games and email and stuff.

there is also a coffee place in the port some use, buy a coffee and get free internet, but I like the internet cafe place. It has a whole table where ipad users can use, its worth it to me. Just remember to sign out if you dont use up all your time and plan on coming back later to use it again.

Grand Cayman, walk to the right a ways and back a street. I found a coffee shop that if you buy anything you get unlimited time online. I used over an hour and bought a can of coke (for about $2.50, ice cold).

They give you the code to unlock it with any purchase and there was room to sit inside.

I used my iPad onboard to access Carnival's site for free. By using the Funville forums I was able to stay in touch with my family at home. The connection was S-L-O-W...but for free I couldn't complain.

I was able to access the site from my cabin...and usually early morning was the easiest to get connected.

I used my iPad onboard to access Carnival's site for free. By using the Funville forums I was able to stay in touch with my family at home. The connection was S-L-O-W...but for free I couldn't complain.

I was able to access the site from my cabin...and usually early morning was the easiest to get connected.

I was going to use this next time with my family too, though they are not internet junkies like I am.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/

Archived