Transfer from port to Bangkok hotel

Pean

We are booked on the Millenium in March and one of the overnighters we have is in Bangkok. As the port is a long way from the city we are thinking of booking a hotel for the night. I have a vague recollection of reading somewhere that some hotels in Bangkok offer a free transfer if staying at their hotel and I was wondering if anyone knows which hotels do this. Thanks in advance for any help that anyone has to offer. Cheers

I am not aware of any offering free transfers but many can arrange the transfer for you. If someone knows of a free transfer I would still compare the prices of doing this versus other prices because in the end nothing is for free.

Keith

Thanks Keith, you are right about nothing being free. I suppose I was hoping for a cheap transfer but will certainly check it out thoroughly. One can only hope

An overnight stay in central Bangkok (near the river?) makes a deal of sense if you port in Laem Chabang, it's what we did.

As Keith's answer, I've not heard of free transfers. Probably a hotel will book one for you -our transfer to Bkk was complicated & irrelevant to you, but at the hotel that evening we asked them to book a car for next afternoon back to L/C. (driver turned out to be a former cruise ship steward).

These prices (all one-way) are a couple of years old, but no doubt the ratios are the same;

The car booked Bkk-L/C by the hotel cost 1700 baht.

A car pre-booked over the 'net L/C to Bkk was about 2300 baht.

Taxis available on-spec on the quayside at L/C were in a cartel, the taxi kommandant was asking 4800 baht & apparently settling at around 4400 baht.

Plenty of taxis outside the port gate, but the port is massive, no shuttles, you may have to walk a mile or two. I don't know their rates.

So however you do it, do pre-book at least your transfer from L/C to BKK.

edit: the cartel has no control over pre-booked cars collecting from the port, or cars returning passengers to the port

JB :)

Archived