How important is a nice cabin to you?

Bridge Maven

How important is a nice cabin to you?  

707 members have voted

1. 1. How important is a nice cabin to you?

• Not at all - I book the cheapest cabin on a ship
    • I need at least a window
    • I need at least a balcony
    • Size is very important to me
    • I will pay a lot more to get a suite
    • I will pay a little more to get a suite
    • I consider quality of cabins when I choose a cruise line
    • I won't book anything less than a suite
    • I like nice cabins but will make an exception for a cheap cruise
    • It depends upon the length of the cruise
    • It depends upon the itinerary
    • I won't book anything less than concierge class
    • I won't book anything less than aqua class
    • Other - comment below

Are you kidding, full balance $204,931.20 CAD??? Wonder what an inside cabin GTY is......................Did you make the deposit today?

No I need to get a mortgage on my house first and TODAY IS A BANK HOLIDAY!!!! :eek::eek:

I hope "X" will let me extend my hold. :rolleyes::p

28lbb5f.jpg

Sixth' date=' I think you should change it to the 14 day Dec. 29th cruise, which seem to be free! Much better deal![/quote']

You know the old saying:

"The cruise line givith, and the cruise line takeith awayith" :D

I have to have an outside and very much prefer a balcony. I like decent storage in the cabin. Itinerary is all important, despite what X's marketing tells them, I don't consider the ship a destination.

Cleanliness is a given, I expect good service and decent food. If those are not present I write pointed letters......:)

I have to have an outside and very much prefer a balcony. I like decent storage in the cabin. Itinerary is all important, despite what X's marketing tells them, I don't consider the ship a destination.

Cleanliness is a given, I expect good service and decent food. If those are not present I write pointed letters......:)

Ditto, itinerary is way more important to us than ship, although we try to avoid too big and too family oriented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're of a "certain age" with over 70 cruises. At this point in life, the ship and suite are primary. We pretty much don't care where it goes, and often, more often than not, never leave the ship while in port. But we don't want anything other than a suite, if just for the additional room.

We're of a "certain age" with over 70 cruises. At this point in life, the ship and suite are primary. We pretty much don't care where it goes, and often, more often than not, never leave the ship while in port. But we don't want anything other than a suite, if just for the additional room.

We don't have 70 cruises under our belts but still never book below a suite.

What bothers us is that every "larger" cabin is now labeled a suite while we only consider one to be two rooms. They're doing the same thing in hotels as well.:mad:

It used to be: Interior cabin is fine; after all, how much time do you spend in the cabin??

Then we had a balcony cabin on Alaska cruise, Now, no going back.

Yup! thats the danger of going to your first Balcony cabin...as a cowyboy once said: once you've been to Kansas City!!!

Den

Yup! thats the danger of going to your first Balcony cabin...as a cowyboy once said: once you've been to Kansas City!!!

Den

Denny - that is how we got addicted to suites. We took a cruise on Celebrity's Century in 2003, before its major renovation, when its only cabins that had balconies were suites. Since we were use to balcony cabins and wouldn't sail without one, we booked our first suite on that Century cruise. Consequently, we got use to having more space, and after that cruise it became a priority for us.

Denny - that is how we got addicted to suites. We took a cruise on Celebrity's Century in 2003, before its major renovation, when its only cabins that had balconies were suites. Since we were use to balcony cabins and wouldn't sail without one, we booked our first suite on that Century cruise. Consequently, we got use to having more space, and after that cruise it became a priority for us.

Maven, that is my biggest fear with my wife....we have been invited over to a few suites and I can see her eyes getting bigger and bigger. We do just fine right now, but I just Know, if we ever were upgraded to a Suite....Kattie bar the Door.

Den

Just returned from my first cruise and have another planned for December. I definitely want a balcony. An interior cabin seems claustraphobic to me and I really enjoyed having breakfast on the balcony!

When I voted for cabin quality, it doesn't indicate that I need something beyond a basic cabin (although I am booked in CC for my next cruise), but I do expect it to be clean, up to date, in good repair, functional, etc. I want to see good reviews for the cabins. Location is important too, although not a show-stopper.

My December cruise is booked on the Reflection and it's driving me crazy that I can't find any info on cabin locations and what's good and what's bad.

We are taking our first cruise in December, and it is important to me and DH to have a balcony. We both want an outdoor space where we don't have to be around other people.

My DH jokes that we will eventually have to buy a yacht because we spend the whole cruise trying to avoid "other people"!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived